Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    What do you think that trailer is full of?

09502332a1f07322ba2e6132197d85ee.jpg
    :faint:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    56 mph gusts reported at Fort Wayne International airport. Trash can tipped over. Neighbor's seat cushion in my front yard, kinda nice, might keep it. :dunno:

No power outage though thankfully.

Driving on I65 this afternoon behind a semi, saw one set of rear trailer tires leave the ground as we went around a curve.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Got my Permatex and got to work on the CZs and 1911s. Some observations...

This stuff stays where you put it, unlike a super-thin synthetic gun oil. It does have a very light odor.

I only used on the rails where there is frame-to-slide contact. Barrels, slide stop pins, etc got the standard synthetic gun oil treatment.

I agree with something CM said earlier that I wouldn't use this on something that needs to function in extreme cold.

I didn't notice a lot of difference on the CZ pistols. The SR1911s likewise showed minor smoothness improvements.

The DWs had a much more noticeable difference. Likely due to the very tight fitment, both the ECO and the Vigil cycled like glass. They are smooth anyway, but the Permatex made them both even moreso.

Slick as snot, maybe slicker? Yeah, this is really slippery stuff. Can't imagine this 4 oz bottle will run out for years. Just a light coating is all it takes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This stuff stays where you put it, unlike a super-thin synthetic gun oil. It does have a very light odor.

I only used on the rails where there is frame-to-slide contact. Barrels, slide stop pins, etc got the standard synthetic gun oil treatment.

I agree with something CM said earlier that I wouldn't use this on something that needs to function in extreme cold.

I didn't notice a lot of difference on the CZ pistols. The SR1911s likewise showed minor smoothness improvements.

The DWs had a much more noticeable difference. Likely due to the very tight fitment, both the ECO and the Vigil cycled like glass. They are smooth anyway, but the Permatex made them both even moreso.

Slick as snot, maybe slicker? Yeah, this is really slippery stuff. Can't imagine this 4 oz bottle will run out for years. Just a light coating is all it takes.

Did you use a small bit of oil with this magic elixir.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

This is the same experience I have with what I've been using for a few years now, Slip 2000 EWG (extreme weapons grease). I use this and their EWL oil. A little goes a very long way. I noticed on New Year's Day of 2018, when we shot in -8 deg temps that my ARs cycled noticeably slower. No malfunctions but the cyclic rate was noticeably reduced.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Dry starts can cause chaffing...err galling. ;)

Lucas makes good products though. Just ask anyone with a worn out engine and low oil pressure. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom