Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Stupid question, but you would be cleaning it from the chamber end, correct? Would seem it could be done at most ranges and kept pointing down range, without any need to step in front of the line, muzzle, etc.

That said, I haven't done that with an AR, but would think you could do it and keep it pointed down range. Obviously would want to go when the range would not be busy and discuss before hand with the range master. I also would not necessarily want to go somewhere and pay by the hour to do it as it will take a chunk of time.

Years ago when I had my bolt gun (which would be a bit easier) and was breaking it in, I think I remember removing the bolt and cleaning it between shots at Atterbury from the chamber. Range still had to be hot for me to touch the gun, but don't remember any issues.

Could be I'm missing something, as it has been quite a while since I have shot much centerfire rifle and quite a bit longer since I broke one in.

Of course, it would be much easier at Patience's place or mcapo's.

Bingo ! :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I always am in need of a project.

I'll keep that in mind in case I decide to be lazy :)

It was an awful trigger but it was not purchased with the intent of staying stock. It was destined for a trip to the Wizard had it stayed with me.

No; I have not gotten another. I may but the new P10F OR has some appeal for a plastic wonder nine.

I'm considering one of those myself, or the C version of it when it finally releases. Would be an interesting carry gun (though the F version may be fine for that as well since I sloppy CC anyway).

Good night at the range and I’m still breathing so progress.

-Ran 200 mini-mags through a 10/22 trying to get the action to smooth out. It ran great today, unlike last weekend where it choked left and right. KIDD trigger kit in it was perfect. I’m trying hard to enjoy a relatively stock rifle, this one needs peep sights though.

-Shadow Orange was awesome. Perfect trigger, smooth as silk. I was depstaly reminded that I haven’t been to the range with a 9mm in awhile. It wasn’t a pretty target.

-CZ P-01 with a Kadet Kit is a giggle. I’m going to have to put a heavier hammer spring back in it. It wasn’t quite reliable, I expected it.

-CZ 457 Pro Varmint. I have a few rimfire rifles. I don’t have one that competes with this one. It has the best trigger I’ve felt on a rimfire. And it shoots. The only thing it didn’t group well with (at 25 yards) was a Winchester option that was in the 1150fps range. Otherwise, if I stayed with a standard velocity option it would group them. I need more distance to really see it can do. CZ knocked it out of the park on this one.

:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom