• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    All of mine are MkIIIs. I don’t like the ambi safety “blade” that came with MkIV, the smaller non-ambi safety “button” of the IIIs fits with my hand better.

The ambi safety paddle Mark IV's come with a little screw to replace the right side paddle and make it right handed safety only. I swapped mine out. It's not ambi anymore. Simple to do.

I do like the easy takedown.....Sold my Mark II to get the IV. Do not regret it.

But the Mark IV had a TERRIBLE stock trigger. Just horrible. The MK II I had was nice and didn't need an aftermarket anything. So the MK IV cost a bit more in the long run.

And honestly, QC was pretty bad on the Mark IV. I had to go over a lot of it and remove burrs and all kinds of bad machining to slick it up. The old MK II was very nice right out of the factory.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The ambi safety paddle Mark IV's come with a little screw to replace the right side paddle and make it right handed safety only. I swapped mine out. It's not ambi anymore. Simple to do.

I do like the easy takedown.....Sold my Mark II to get the IV. Do not regret it.

But the Mark IV had a TERRIBLE stock trigger. Just horrible. The MK II I had was nice and didn't need an aftermarket anything. So the MK IV cost a bit more in the long run.

Intersting, the MkIV Target I had did not include that, based on my memory. Wonder if that is a recent addition. Not a huge loss for me, I like building them and the IIIs were cheaper, haven’t been so much recently though.

The MkIII trigger isn’t any better than the IV. It’s that nasty magazine disconnect. VQ and TK make it all better. I don’t think any of mine have been over 1.75 lbs when done. I know two of them are in the 1lb 6oz range.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Seriously.....drop in the VQ trigger kit. LOVE it in my Mark IV.

I also hear Apex is coming out with a Mark IV trigger kit.

I have the Apex kit, I just don't have it installed in my Mark IV 22/45 Tactical yet. Hoping to do it soon.

The Apex Kit is out, reports have been that it cleans up the trigger a bunch but you don’t get as light as the VQ trigger.

That's what I'd heard when I bought mine. I wanted to try something different, but probably should have just gone with the VQ+TK trigger. Oh well, will be better than stock anyway.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm very happy with how my Phantom turned out. The Wizard knows his stuff! :)

I've never known the Wizard to muff one. Every once in a great while there will be a "problem child" as tends to happen occasionally with everything that is mass produced.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'd like to get a PCR, but I'm also excited about getting one of those P10S. I think either would be a great carry gun, but I haven't tried either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom