gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I think I have hit a new low tonight.

Over the years I have launched and lost my share of small parts just as many of you have.

Being too lazy to go downstairs and put an AR lower on a magwell block/vise to install the hammer of a LaRue MBT trigger set, I propped it on a gun cleaning cradle as I have done many times in the past. This time the safety was inadvertently on which apparently is a no-no and I couldn't quite get it in position to place the pin.

Then it slipped off the cradle and went to the floor...no problem since it's carpeted...I thought.

Picked up the lower only to find that the hammer was no where to be found. Searched and searched, emptied any box I though it could have fallen into and went through things that haven't been touched in years.

Figured I would at least find some other small part from the past, but nothing. How the hell can you not find an AR hammer??? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Hangs head in shame...

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Good grief, I found the hammer in an inside jacket pocket which was on a chair 8' away on the opposite side of the room from where I searched. At least that explains why I didn't hear it hit to give me a clue where to look.:scratch:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We are going to have to start a rimfireness thread. Maybe we'll talk about CZs in it.

1. Well, I knew it couldn't last having this wonderful discussion about .22LRs in the CZ thread. :laugh:
    2. Off to work! I the past 2 weeks, only worked 1 full day and three half-days. Glad to be well again.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    [QUOTE=Hoosier45;7849071]We are going to have to start a rimfireness thread. Maybe we'll talk about CZs in it.[/QUOTE]

CZ, CZ I recently fondled a CZ 455 Training rifle and since I am somewhat of a trigger snob found it very much to my liking! It has an adjustable trigger that is set light and crisp breaking along with a 24.8” barrel. Tangent rear sight & grooved receiver for rings. A beautiful beechwood stock with Schnabel forend.

And the ability to swap the barrel and/or stock.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I can get decent 22LR in store for $3-4/50rds.

One of the big reasons I've fallen in love with the round. When I bought the black label Federal, adding in the rebate I paid $.02 per round or $1 per box of 50 rounds. Plinking with .22's is an easy way for me to cut ammo costs, but still be able to shoot as often as I'd like ;)

We are going to have to start a rimfireness thread. Maybe we'll talk about CZs in it.

Count me in... :):

CZ, CZ I recently fondled a CZ 455 Training rifle and since I am somewhat of a trigger snob found it very much to my liking! It has an adjustable trigger that is set light and crisp breaking along with a 24.8” barrel. Tangent rear sight & grooved receiver for rings. A beautiful beechwood stock with Schnabel forend.

And the ability to swap the barrel and/or stock.

Very nice!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Good morning ya'll.
    I tried this specific butter and mct oil according to a book I read last week. . . In my coffee! This is unamerican, and disgusting. I hope it works.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You know it. I hate diets, but the wife has been pushing keto for a year.

You might have your wife read this: https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/keto-crotch-called-out-as-stinky-side-effect-of-popular-diet :scared:

Like you, I'm not a diet guy. The only healthy long term diet is to reduce calories. Preferably by reducing intake plus exercise. Most fad diets aren't good for you long term as they cause different side effects or health issues. That said, I need to start practicing what I preach and cut my portion sizes and get off my butt... :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom