Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    1.)No holster necessary for FNS.
    2.)Put the gun in a case or a gun rug.
    3.)bring some extra mags set them on the table/barrel in front of you.
    4.)Have fun

5.) it's really that easy, don't complicate this. You are a poor old schoolteacher. Don't spend money on things that aren't necessary.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep. Ill do mine the final week. Theres no tax season shopping sprees

My wife got her tax info back for her very small side business on Saturday, so I'll plug that info into the draft of our personal taxes this week. I'm going to owe on Federal but almost offset it with a State refund (yep, those 529 contributions that feel like money laundering -- money goes in and comes right back out -- at least help out there).

Looks like I can e-file, but schedule the automatic payment to the Feds on a specific date of my choosing before 15-Apr. Will probably do this to be able to get the State refund and schedule the payment to the Feds for early April.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I tried. Your turn.

70862CC3-9084-492F-87A3-99D82AE67749_zpsstdefzig.png
    Bahahahahahahahahaha

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My wife got her tax info back for her very small side business on Saturday, so I'll plug that info into the draft of our personal taxes this week. I'm going to owe on Federal but almost offset it with a State refund (yep, those 529 contributions that feel like money laundering -- money goes in and comes right back out -- at least help out there).

Looks like I can e-file, but schedule the automatic payment to the Feds on a specific date of my choosing before 15-Apr. Will probably do this to be able to get the State refund and schedule the payment to the Feds for early April.
    I just always like having as many happy days before sad ones

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    1.)No holster necessary for FNS.
    2.)Put the gun in a case or a gun rug.
    3.)bring some extra mags set them on the table/barrel in front of you.
    4.)Have fun

5.) it's really that easy, don't complicate this. You are a poor old schoolteacher. Don't spend money on things that aren't necessary.
    YES!! I'd love to see some of this CZ crew at FNS. GREAT opp to run your souped up CZ's:dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    SnapSlide OWB Holster - CZ Shadow 2 Holsters
    Outside the Waistband

Ghost Holster – The Thunder...

3. My goal is to simply have what would be sufficient for a Steel Challenge at Friday Night Steel at MCFG or perhaps the
    Carry Gun Match like what Coach did recently.
    4. At this point I'm more interested in the Steel Challenge (seems simpler for a beginner)...!

I have a several hundred $ competition rig that I never use.

I take my regular range bag to each stage so I have extra ammo, extra mags, an UpLULA, hearing and eye protection, water bottle, etc. handy throughout the match. I use a smaller pistol case like this one to carry my gun and mags to the firing line when it is my turn. The mags do not go in the bag when I leave the line because I will have to reload them and the case holding the gun cannot be opened if you're not at the line.

Holsters like the Ghost Holster you linked are intended to be clamped onto a stiff composite competition belt and left there. I does not slide on and off of a belt.

For a holster that can be worn with a normal heavy leather 1.5" gun belt, consider a Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac...

https://benstoegerproshop.com/blade-tech-classic-owb-holster-for-idpa-ipsc-uspsa/

https://benstoegerproshop.com/comp-tac-international-doh-dropped-offset-holster-for-idpa-ipsc-uspsa/

If you're going to wear a holster, you might as well get some kind of mag pouch as well. Here is one type...https://benstoegerproshop.com/blade-tech-signature-double-magazine-pouch-idpa-uspsa-3-gun/

As far as Coach's Carry Gun Match you should check with him prior to a match to see what kind of CC holsters/mag pouches are allowed.

Also carefully read the rules for FNS so that you show up prepared.

The best thing to do may simply be to use a case, that you already have, your first time to FNS (like I do) and see what others are using, what advise they have and what appeals to you before spending your $$'s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom