Greenwood, IN

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While on the range trip earlier today, I realized just how far we have come in sidearms. With a revolver, you are reaching for speed-loaders twice in the same round count as a single Phantom mag will run. When doing double taps, you run out of ammo pretty quickly. Like really quickly.

When testing the 10 round 1911 mags, it was the first time I’ve ever felt the luxury of ample ammo with a 1911.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    While on the range trip earlier today, I realized just how far we have come in sidearms. With a revolver, you are reaching for speed-loaders twice in the same round count as a single Phantom mag will run. When doing double taps, you run out of ammo pretty quickly. Like really quickly.
    Still better than an atlatl! LOL

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Both would work for her needs. If she is putting it on her new rifle.

I concur.

I suggest to Sarah doing some in-store viewing. I think that glass quality is somewhat subjective along with reticles. The SE has a busy reticle IMHO - though I have three and won't hesitate to buy another.

Maybe Spiceyweiner will stop in. He's the "bang for buck" king of optics.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I concur.

I suggest to Sarah doing some in-store viewing. I think that glass quality is somewhat subjective along with reticles. The SE has a busy reticle IMHO - though I have three and won't hesitate to buy another.

Maybe Spiceyweiner will stop in. He's the "bang for buck" king of optics.

Primary Arms...???

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    \

I want to say it was a Burris? He goes through them fast - sometimes they blur together. That and I am old and forget details.
    Burris RT-6
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/898760/burris-rt6-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-6x-24mm-illuminated-ballistic-ar-reticle-matte

Watch for sales on them, they run sub $300 occasionally. Good glass and reticle. Throw lever that's indexable.

If you read reviews/comparisons of them online, most people prefer them over the Strike Eagles.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

...I would offer this from a fellow INGO'r: STRIKE EAGLE 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE

I have never seen the Lepold, but between these two i would take the Strike Eagle every time for two reasons.
    The SE is a true 1x on the low end while the L is a 1.5x at the low end. This makes a huge difference to me if I'm doing "close in work" like sweeping the house after hearing a bump in the dark. The true 1x allows you to keep both eyes open and in play while looking through the scope. The 1.5x makes what one eye sees 1.5 times the size of what the other eye sees and makes it difficult to stay focused in this scenario and slows me down. If there is no potential for the scope to ever be used this way it makes no difference at all.

My other problem with the L is that the lighted center dot size is 1 mil dot or 3.6" at 100 yards (and will cover 7.2" at 200 yds) while the SE's crosshairs only covers 0.5" at 100 yds.

While this won't make much of a difference shooting steel targets over ~12" diameter it will make it more difficult to shoot tight groups on paper and impossible to hit a golf ball or lollipop (I hear that's a thing) at 100 yds which sort of makes the 1 MOA BA Hansen barrel I think you got, a waste.

Just my 2 cents but those are my thoughts.

There are several options out there to consider.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom