Not open for further replies.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Maybe you just need to spend $30 on a USB keyboard and another $100 on a decent monitor. That would let you keep your old laptop, assuming that it’s worth keeping. It would also let you run multiple screens by using your old laptop screen as a second monitor.

If you do that, you can type in INGO all day long while keeping a window open to GB.

The keyboard use is pretty good. A stand-alone keyboard should be a bit more robust.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    SP-01
    Cgw pro package
    Wizardized
    Slide cut by Allen
    Leupold DPP

Does everyone here spend more on aftermarket guts than on the base gun? These things are black holes.

And the ammo cost to feed this stupid thing.....

I should have bought a speed boat. Just get rid of ALL the money.

1. In Economics, it's called the "opportunity cost" = what you gave up when you bought an item compared to the "other" option you didn't buy (we would simply say the 2nd choice not taken).
    2. I am plagued by the concept (even before I knew the terminology) b/c I always say, "What could I do with this $1000, or $3000 or $5000 if I didn't spend it on a vacation? or car? or bigger house?"
    3. So, I end up not spending b/c of that which would be lost forever (in my mind).
    4. Of course, the men on this forum can do both, it seems. :laugh:
    5. I represent the silent ones who cannot live at that level, but have been enjoying myself the last 2 years b/c I could do so on a limited basis, being at a point where the kids are gone, house paid off, and no debt at all (lived like that except for house).
    6. Retirement in almost 12 weeks (can't believe those words!) is bringing me back to reality, though, and a "new" SUV I bought last summer for the wife (which I thought I'd pay off before retirement :dunno:), but I'm done!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The keyboard use is pretty good. A stand-alone keyboard should be a bit more robust.

I agree with that for the most part, but it doesn't fit every use case. I thought I recall churchmouse saying he did most of his laptop work on the couch or kitchen table. If he's looking primarily for mobility a docking station with external peripherals doesn't really fit. Just my :twocents:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I agree with that for the most part, but it doesn't fit every use case. I thought I recall churchmouse saying he did most of his laptop work on the couch or kitchen table. If he's looking primarily for mobility a docking station with external peripherals doesn't really fit. Just my :twocents:

I’m not sure I’d go as far as the full docking station.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It's shocking to me to read people bemoaning the cost of a rescue. It's just what it costs. It's a lot like meeting a woman. You don't ask what it's going to cost you just dive in.
    You really don't want to know what it's going to cost you! LOL

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    1. In Economics, it's called the "opportunity cost" = what you gave up when you bought an item compared to the "other" option you didn't buy (we would simply say the 2nd choice not taken).
    2. I am plagued by the concept (even before I knew the terminology) b/c I always say, "What could I do with this $1000, or $3000 or $5000 if I didn't spend it on a vacation? or car? or bigger house?"
    3. So, I end up not spending b/c of that which would be lost forever (in my mind).
    4. Of course, the men on this forum can do both, it seems. :laugh:
    5. I represent the silent ones who cannot live at that level, but have been enjoying myself the last 2 years b/c I could do so on a limited basis, being at a point where the kids are gone, house paid off, and no debt at all (lived like that except for house).
    6. Retirement in almost 12 weeks (can't believe those words!) is bringing me back to reality, though, and a "new" SUV I bought last summer for the wife (which I thought I'd pay off before retirement :dunno:), but I'm done!

Lol.....we talked about this before Doddg. I have a specific list I'm trying to fill. And I'm going to have it filled WAY before retirement. I've steadily been knocking one or two guns off the list for the last 8 years now.

1 22lr pistol - this may increase to 2 since the SO is a shooter
    1 IWB carry 9mm pistol
    2 full size 9mm that use the same mags
    1 defensive carbine (AR for me) with a red dot
    1 game (2 or 3 gun) AR
    1 long range AR
    1 backup AR
    1 hunting rifle (308 right now)
    1 shotgun for shooting clays
    1 22lr for steel and squirrels - this also may increase to 2 since the SO is a shooter
    1 long range 22lr

That will fill all of my shooting needs. Only change would be if I move to bear country and need to get a 10mm or large revolver for hiking.

Once that list is filled (I have ONE TO GO), I'm done buying. Right now, I'm concentrating mostly on shooting more. Haven't been tempted to replace or change anything out in quite some time now. No need to keep spending when all of your hardware is really nice.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Maybe you just need to spend $30 on a USB keyboard and another $100 on a decent monitor. That would let you keep your old laptop, assuming that it’s worth keeping. It would also let you run multiple screens by using your old laptop screen as a second monitor.

If you do that, you can type in INGO all day long while keeping a window open to GB.
    This sounds like he would be twice as productive! LOL

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I compared weights of Bill to the hybrid 40P/75B compact last night and the hybrid is about 110 grams heavier. Tomorrow morning, I’m going to test the black trigger spring on the hybrid. In the past, I’ve had very little luck fully Cajunizing a .40 compact CZ. I’m hoping that the heavy slide on the hybrid changes that. If the black spring does not tame slide velocity, then I’ll jump to the blue. Factory is 19#. To run as a .40 75B compact, I was running a 22# mainspring but had 24# and 26# standing by just in case.

I'm a bit surprised that Bill was lighter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom