• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Good morning, all. I hope everyone got some good sleep. About to go make some coffee and head off to work, where thankfully there is more coffee!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Some time back I installed CGW's Defensive Carry Package in my CZ P-01 and polished the internals.

While I'm mostly happy with the results, two things have bothered me...the SA trigger pull is only ~2lb-11oz and the reset is a little long leaving 1/4" of free travel back to the SA wall.

Instead of guessing what parts might get me where I wanted to be, I called CGW, discussed my issues and was set up with a T4 disconnector not available on the website and they added some different springs (for free) to bump up the SA pull weight.

The point of this post is to complement CGW's great customer service and advice as well as to let others know that they have specialty parts available that are only available by phone. This is the second time they have recommended a part for me that was not on the website.:yesway:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Some time back I installed CGW's Defensive Carry Package in my CZ P-01 and polished the internals.

While I'm mostly happy with the results, two things have bothered me...the SA trigger pull is only ~2lb-11oz and the reset is a little long leaving 1/4" of free travel back to the SA wall.

Instead of guessing what parts might get me where I wanted to be, I called CGW, discussed my issues and was set up with a T4 disconnector not available on the website and they added some different springs (for free) to bump up the SA pull weight.

The point of this post is to complement CGW's great customer service and advice as well as to let others know that they have specialty parts available that are only available by phone. This is the second time they have recommended a part for me that was not on the website.:yesway:

David, Scott and the rest of the crew at CGW are TOP NOTCH! I have had many conversation in the past with David & Scott and any time I see a new problem they lead me in the right path!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    As I was working on my Phantom last night I got a political call. Many times they mentioned that they were not promoting any party. As I was answering their questions I noticed that Joe Donnelly's name kept coming up. One of the questions toward the end of the survey was "Which of the following is biggest reason that you would vote for Joe Donnelly?" Then there were about 4 or 5 answers to choose from, but I then informed them that I would NOT be voting for him. Many times in the call Joe was being promoted while Mike Braun was being disparaged. I didn't catch who was doing the poll, but it was definitely biased.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    That's undoubtedly more that $50 worth of parts sent for free. CGW is a class act.

For clarity, I'm paying for the disconnector but the springs were added for free. I also called Scott back and asked, if I needed, and what size the upper set screw was that is not included with the "Old Style Trigger" I installed. I was informed it would be needed, was a 3x4mm and he would put one in the box for me. Saved me another couple of dollars and a trip to the store.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom