Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like the M1 Carbines. They are a really handy size and just seem to handle really well. I really would not mind picking up a current production version to use for home defense.

Before I go that route though, I’m starting to think that I need to do another 1911 project. Maybe starting with a stainless Colt in 38 Super. It would be done to match the 10mm DE that I have, but I’d have to skip the mammoth ivory on this one. Hmmm. I might need to sell something to make room for a new project.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Before I go that route though, I’m starting to think that I need to do another 1911 project. Maybe starting with a stainless Colt in 38 Super. It would be done to match the 10mm DE that I have, but I’d have to skip the mammoth ivory on this one. Hmmm. I might need to sell something to make room for a new project.

That's just crazy talk. No reason to skip the mammoth ivory.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the M1 Carbines. They are a really handy size and just seem to handle really well. I really would not mind picking up a current production version to use for home defense.

I did know where there was a raced out/well used/much needing love Springer stainless in 38 super for a really fair price. It is in need of some love.
    I did not buy it as I am not going into another caliber.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Every time I get serious about a carbine, I get stuck between getting a GI or ordering a Fulton Armory. I love the history of the GI, but really just want a good shooter. Then I look at the prices and decide to wait.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every time I get serious about a carbine, I get stuck between getting a GI or ordering a Fulton Armory. I love the history of the GI, but really just want a good shooter. Then I look at the prices and decide to wait.

I had 2 GI Carbine issue pieces that I got from my uncle. This was in the Mid 70s. He was my go to source for military issue hardware. 2 Garrands. 2 M14's. 2 BARs. 2 Thompsons. Several 1911's. Yes 2 or more of everything and they were all refurbished in the Armory.

The 1st "X" relieved me of everything when she left. I was on a 5 day racing trip in Beach Bend Kentucky. Surprise surprise surprise.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had 2 GI Carbine issue pieces that I got from my uncle. This was in the Mid 70s. He was my go to source for military issue hardware. 2 Garrands. 2 M14's. 2 BARs. 2 Thompsons. Several 1911's. Yes 2 or more of everything and they were all refurbished in the Armory.

The 1st "X" relieved me of everything when she left. I was on a 5 day racing trip in Beach Bend Kentucky. Surprise surprise surprise.
    Man that's so dirty. I'd lose it I think. I'd straight up go insane

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

That sucks. Probably went to a gun shop or pawn shop for pennies on the dollar.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man that's so dirty. I'd lose it I think. I'd straight up go insane

Trust when I say it was good I did not know where she was plus the kids were with her. Possibly saved her life I swear.
    She also took my other race car. She had help. I never got the guns back. No real paper trail proving ownership on them. But I did find the car. That guy paid a heavy price for hiding it. Sad/bad times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That sucks. Probably went to a gun shop or pawn shop for pennies on the dollar.

Small town. I am sure they were spread out through the country side.
    She had hooked up with a local guy. He orchestrated it. She was not all that sharp.....:):

I was planning my escape any way. But I was going to do it so the kids were set up and still in my life.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trust when I say it was good I did not know where she was plus the kids were with her. Possibly saved her life I swear.
    She also took my other race car. She had help. I never got the guns back. No real paper trail proving ownership on them. But I did find the car. That guy paid a heavy price for hiding it. Sad/bad times.
    Damn man. Betrayal is the ultimate sin in my opinion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom