THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If you get one we'll compare 'em. Trigger Time wants to try one out too. Talked to him for a few minutes today. He's a busy man.

Sounds like a (potential) plan. I'm glad that you've had contact with him. I've invited him over to the house a few times, but still haven't seen him in ages.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Just venting here, trying to make sense of the structure might cause a loss of brain cells.

So ive been working entirely to much lately. Since we lost the assembly guy ive picked up a couple more jobs, can’t find anyone with a crap to pick up some slack. Ive worked more hours than ive been off for going on 3 months now. Ive had this now got this my head telling me to sell everything, build a schoolie, and roll around for a couple years. Plenty doable until i factor in $5+/gal diesel. Then i think i could pick up some cash doing odd jobs where i find them.

Im really close to listing the trailer and haunted house. Looking hard at Cummins/Allison school buses. Solar panel out the roof. In the winter I’ll just go where it’s warm, in the summer I’ll just go where it’s not hot. Then i think about my friends and family, and how i already dont see them much. Plus my boss/company owner is a such solid dude and actually expresses his gratitude in more than money. I’m also not opposed to growing long hair, a beard, and smoking the devils lettuce while i see cool places for a couple years. I’m 20 friggin 8 already and haven’t really done anything cool in my life and all the money I’m making now could be worthless in a couple years because people are running this country into the dirt. Who knows, midlife crisis time perhaps. Mrs.BRC is cool as they come and would be game and the dogs are always down for an adventure.

TLDR Life’s been heavy lately. Nomad life is sounding better and better.
    Same, the corps scratched that itch and set me up in my life. I miss it dearly, but I wouldn't change a thing.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just venting here, trying to make sense of the structure might cause a loss of brain cells.

So ive been working entirely to much lately. Since we lost the assembly guy ive picked up a couple more jobs, can’t find anyone with a crap to pick up some slack. Ive worked more hours than ive been off for going on 3 months now. Ive had this now got this my head telling me to sell everything, build a schoolie, and roll around for a couple years. Plenty doable until i factor in $5+/gal diesel. Then i think i could pick up some cash doing odd jobs where i find them.

Im really close to listing the trailer and haunted house. Looking hard at Cummins/Allison school buses. Solar panel out the roof. In the winter I’ll just go where it’s warm, in the summer I’ll just go where it’s not hot. Then i think about my friends and family, and how i already dont see them much. Plus my boss/company owner is a such solid dude and actually expresses his gratitude in more than money. I’m also not opposed to growing long hair, a beard, and smoking the devils lettuce while i see cool places for a couple years. I’m 20 friggin 8 already and haven’t really done anything cool in my life and all the money I’m making now could be worthless in a couple years because people are running this country into the dirt. Who knows, midlife crisis time perhaps. Mrs.BRC is cool as they come and would be game and the dogs are always down for an adventure.

TLDR Life’s been heavy lately. Nomad life is sounding better and better.
    I don’t have a lot to add, but just want to leave something here that my dad instilled in me, I think of it as you are bringing up fuel prices…
    He taught me to never - never not do something because of money. If you want to do something bad enough, money is not the reason (lack of money) you won’t do it. It is fine to be the excuse, but it is not the reason. You will find a way if you want to do something.

So take it for what you paid for it.

It just seems to me the shorter term problem of paying for fuel will look small compared to the longer term costs of checking out for a few years. Definitely not saying don’t do it. Maybe a Tacoma and a rooftop tent and some time off would be a compromise?

I sure hate sounding like an old man…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Hey @Born2vette do you happen to drive around on country roads with a gang of really nice Corvettes?

I had a swarm of 10 or 12 pass me as I was parked on the side of the road today. Just cruisin’, enjoying like life couldn’t get any better. At least from my seat in a Mack.

Beautiful cars!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Hey @Born2vette do you happen to drive around on country roads with a gang of really nice Corvettes?

I had a swarm of 10 or 12 pass me as I was parked on the side of the road today. Just cruisin’, enjoying like life couldn’t get any better. At least from my seat in a Mack.

Beautiful cars!
    I used to. Now I drive more of a grand touring convertible.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Took the day off hoping to be lazy and sleep in, so of course I only slept 6.5 hours... :n00b:

The Vettes had to go when I would get out like this after a long drive

That's why I didn't go with something like my Grand Prix when I decided to get something else after 15 years. My back could no longer take getting in and out of something that low. The CX-5 I drive now is much easier to get in and out of.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Morning all... :coffee:

Took the day off hoping to be lazy and sleep in, so of course I only slept 6.5 hours... :n00b:

That's why I didn't go with something like my Grand Prix when I decided to get something else after 15 years. My back could no longer take getting in and out of something that low. The CX-5 I drive now is much easier to get in and out of.
    I'm in the same boat.. err car.. situation. But my car isn't as fancy. I was looking at a cx-5 but I can't seem to sell myself on one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm in the same boat.. err car.. situation. But my car isn't as fancy. I was looking at a cx-5 but I can't seem to sell myself on one.

I wanted something that was semi-luxurious without a luxurious price tag. I watched a lot of reviews that at the time ranked this as one of the nicest small SUV's on the market. I preferred something with AWD and that sat up high, plus had plenty of cargo room. This fit the bill pretty decently. I got all of the options in it, leather seats, heads up display, premium sound, even a heated steering wheel. This was to make sure I stayed satisfied with it for at least 10 years, if not longer. I'm not perfectly happy with it, but it does the job and I'm pretty satisfied. I'm making extra payments on it so I can get it paid off early and go 5 or 10 years with no car payment.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wanted something that was semi-luxurious without a luxurious price tag. I watched a lot of reviews that at the time ranked this as one of the nicest small SUV's on the market. I preferred something with AWD and that sat up high, plus had plenty of cargo room. This fit the bill pretty decently. I got all of the options in it, leather seats, heads up display, premium sound, even a heated steering wheel. This was to make sure I stayed satisfied with it for at least 10 years, if not longer. I'm not perfectly happy with it, but it does the job and I'm pretty satisfied. I'm making extra payments on it so I can get it paid off early and go 5 or 10 years with no car payment.
    Save up during those 5-10 years and just go forever w/o car payments!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom