THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Just got back from a fantastic range trip with Rainmaker... :rockwoot:
    It was a great time!

That Garrison WT picked up is a nice piece of steel! I got to shoot his S&W Victory too and suddenly I didn’t like my 22 as much as I used to.

The Frankenstein 1911 experiment was an outstanding success! It only had one mishap: a spent case got stuck in the slide while ejecting/cycling. I attribute it to break in. All others ran perfect from the original double stack mags. It’s scary accurate! At 20 ft. the first 3 shots made one hole. Both 10 shot groups where around one inch and if overlayed would stay the same size. It’s very consistent. I’m sure the gun is capable of much better groups with a more steady hold/aim. I’m curious what this gun will do rested. Now I have to decide if I want to leave it as is or get another 9mm slide for this so I can put the Citadel slide back on the Citadel frame.

1670028124212.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It was a great time!

That Garrison WT picked up is a nice piece of steel! I got to shoot his S&W Victory too and suddenly I didn’t like my 22 as much as I used to.

The Frankenstein 1911 experiment was an outstanding success! It only had one mishap: a spent case got stuck in the slide while ejecting/cycling. I attribute it to break in. All others ran perfect from the original double stack mags. It’s scary accurate! At 20 ft. the first 3 shots made one hole. Both 10 shot groups where around one inch and if overlayed would stay the same size. It’s very consistent. I’m sure the gun is capable of much better groups with a more steady hold/aim. I’m curious what this gun will do rested. Now I have to decide if I want to leave it as is or get another 9mm slide for this so I can put the Citadel slide back on the Citadel frame.

View attachment 240193

That gun was sick. The first mag I put through it I managed to put most rounds into a quarter sized group. Had a few scattered around it, but that was probably half or more of the rounds. Better than I've shot anything in a while. Scary accurate. Hope you're able to get another slide and have two fantastic guns out of it.

Very happy with the Magpul grips and Pearce finger grooves on the Garrison. Ain't the prettiest around, but it shoots nicely.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    That gun was sick. The first mag I put through it I managed to put most rounds into a quarter sized group. Had a few scattered around it, but that was probably half or more of the rounds. Better than I've shot anything in a while. Scary accurate. Hope you're able to get another slide and have two fantastic guns out of it.

Very happy with the Magpul grips and Pearce finger grooves on the Garrison. Ain't the prettiest around, but it shoots nicely.
    How many shots was your group? I thought 10 but can’t tell from the target because it’s just one quarter sized hole! Also what ammo were you using?

1670033588889.jpeg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    It was a great time!

View attachment 240193
    Is that your Para 38super ds?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How many shots was your group? I thought 10 but can’t tell from the target because it’s just one quarter sized hole! Also what ammo were you using?

View attachment 240229

Yep, 10 rounds. I was using Blazer Brass 115gr. The main hole was a bit bigger than a quarter, but I had less fliers than I thought, so I am still feeling pretty good about it... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It went ok. She went home without too many issues, had some stomach flopping due to meds but that was the worst of it that I heard. Its supposed to be 6-8 week recovery. The blocker they gave her numbed her whole arm and she has it in a sling doing ok. She slept most of yesterday. Havnt heard how today is going.
    Dang, that's worse than shoulder surgery

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Yep, 10 rounds. I was using Blazer Brass 115gr. The main hole was a bit bigger than a quarter, but I had less fliers than I thought, so I am still feeling pretty good about it... ;)
    I opened it up a bit to make me feel better. Jk. It’s just the camera angle, the quarter covers most of the big hole. Nice shootin’!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Yes, it’s the Para frame but slide from my 9mm Citadel 1911 and I installed a new 9mm barrel. That why I call it my Frankenstein gun.
    After putting 300rnds through my 38super I'm sold on that round. I like it alot just wish my Para 14-45 was a 38super. I do understand the price issue between 9mm and 38super though but I bet it's a fun gun in either caliber.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick range trip down to HHRP this afternoon to run a couple of .40s. The lineup was a Glock 23, P07 and a P226. The P226 was definitely the softest shooter, but the P07 was the standout shooter of the day. The G23 was solid and did not miss a beat, but the same could be said of the other two.

That dang P07 just outshot both the P226 and G23 today. It’s odd since I normally shoot the P226 pretty much better than anything else I have, but the P07 just seemed to edge it out today. Not by a lot, but the P07 definitely took the day today.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    After putting 300rnds through my 38super I'm sold on that round. I like it alot just wish my Para 14-45 was a 38super. I do understand the price issue between 9mm and 38super though but I bet it's a fun gun in either caliber.
    It’s a hoot to shoot and I really enjoy it in 38 Super. It definitely has more thump. I can swap it back pretty easily too. But I will probably shoot 38 Super mostly outside at Bass n’ Bucks or friend’s property where brass is a lot easier to recover. Also I’m sure the indoor range guys next to me appreciate 9mm instead of compensated 38 Super!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    @mcapo less than 8 hours left and no bids (of course there may be a reason for that, no clue what something like this should be going for).

It depends on what you want with it, a year and a half ago I was buying nicer imports than that for 500 or so as custom projects, that ones not in that great of shape, if you want a shooter find an SA-35.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning all... :coffee:

Good luck with the steroids Bandit. I've taken it in the past with no issues, except the last time when it gave me major insomnia. When my Dad takes it, he eats like double what he normally does. On the positive side, it does seem to work for what ails ya.
    Another excuse err...obstacle to not losing weight. :facepalm:

It is only a ten day regiment so I think I can handle it. If no sleep, I know this group of people that seem to sleep very little and are always around to chat. :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom