Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Back last week I believe some of us were having a discussion about a Spanish Mauser at Marksman Shooting in Westfield. The rifle had been rechambered in 308. So anyway I stopped in the shop today and checked it out. Really decent gun with a price tag of $449.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Back last week I believe some of us were having a discussion about a Spanish Mauser at Marksman Shooting in Westfield. The rifle had been rechambered in 308. So anyway I stopped in the shop today and checked it out. Really decent gun with a price tag of $449.
    I stopped by today as well and asked the price. I don’t know enough to check it out but…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I stopped by today as well and asked the price. I don’t know enough to check it out but…
    Do some google research on SPANISH mauser conversions to 308 so you understand what you are buying - if you want it (or Kirby does). Nothing "wrong" with them (within the normal mil-surp caveats) - just understand what it is versus a Chilean conversion or something comparable like an Enfield Ishapore made for 7.62 NATO (which might be my first pick of the three in 7.62 but, I believe, you'll spend more - prices these days @@).

Let me tell you - that thing packs a wallup in 308 on the shooter. Just sayin....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Woohoo, 55th Bday spent at the range! What a day... :rockwoot:

Got 70 rounds through the Bergara and finished the barrel break in. Unfortunately I didn't get any sub-MOA or at MOA groups, but that was probably me. Will need to get it out again soon to work on it some more. Still had a great day and my buddy bought me lunch at Montana Mike's as well... :D

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Did a bit of research on the Spanish Mauser after Mcapo suggested doing so and decided that I like my shoulder just the way it is. The one thing that many said was how brutal it was to shoot. I'll pass on this one.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Got 70 rounds through the Bergara and finished the barrel break in. Unfortunately I didn't get any sub-MOA or at MOA groups, but that was probably me. Will need to get it out again soon to work on it some more. Still had a great day and my buddy bought me lunch at Montana Mike's as well... :D
    :happybday:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Happy birthday WT. for some reason my calendar shows tomorrow as you birthday. Don’t sweat the groups. It took my Tikka at least 60 rounds before I was feeling good about it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom