• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Stop being lazy is on my list too. I haven't rode my bike in about a year, thinking about dusting it off and using it more this year. I havnt been on a trail in years, going to try and rectify that this year.
    Last summer I was getting out on my bike (or at least one of my 30 bikes) about 3-4 times a week for an average of 8-12 miles a ride. 12 mile ride would take me about an hour, but it was great exercise. My body has never felt better than when I was doing that… winter has taken its toll and I’m soooo ready for warmer weather so I can get back out. I’m not hardcore and don’t own fleece lined spandex, so I hibernate in the winter…

It was fun pushing myself, saying I can go a little longer, I can make it to that next road. I can push my speed up some. I can cut some time off this ride. It was a great challenge!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Last summer I was getting out on my bike (or at least one of my 30 bikes) about 3-4 times a week for an average of 8-12 miles a ride. 12 mile ride would take me about an hour, but it was great exercise. My body has never felt better than when I was doing that… winter has taken its toll and I’m soooo ready for warmer weather so I can get back out. I’m not hardcore and don’t own fleece lined spandex, so I hibernate in the winter…

It was fun pushing myself, saying I can go a little longer, I can make it to that next road. I can push my speed up some. I can cut some time off this ride. It was a great challenge!
    I only have 2 bikes now, 1 road bike and a mountain bike. The road bike is a basket case now, sitting in boxes in the shed just waiting. My mountain bike is sitting in a Cycle-ops gathering dust. I havnt rode it in so long the tires are flat.
    Loved to push myself on the trails and go for 1 more hill or one more lap. Like you, I never felt better then. I'd like to get that back.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I need to find somewhere nearby to ride. Biking on the streets around here is only valid if I have a deathwish, which I don't. I got rid of the bike I'd had for 15 years last summer, so if I decide I want to ride again I'll have to spend the money and pick up a new one. I loved riding when I was living in MN and had tons of trails nearby, but there isn't anything close enough to be convenient where I am.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I need to find somewhere nearby to ride. Biking on the streets around here is only valid if I have a deathwish, which I don't. I got rid of the bike I'd had for 15 years last summer, so if I decide I want to ride again I'll have to spend the money and pick up a new one. I loved riding when I was living in MN and had tons of trails nearby, but there isn't anything close enough to be convenient where I am.
    There's nothing close for me either. I usually packed the bike up to France Park or down to Gnaw bone. 2 of the best places i know of to get some trail riding in. I did live in Louisville CO for a while and have to say that was some of the best downhill I've ever been on. Not for scaredy kats, either go 100% or dont try. That was my first place to learn sailing my bike. Best adrenaline rush I've ever had. Boy those were the days, probably kill myself today if I tried that again :):

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I only have 2 bikes now, 1 road bike and a mountain bike. The road bike is a basket case now, sitting in boxes in the shed just waiting. My mountain bike is sitting in a Cycle-ops gathering dust. I havnt rode it in so long the tires are flat.
    Loved to push myself on the trails and go for 1 more hill or one more lap. Like you, I never felt better then. I'd like to get that back.
    I have a road bike but I feel like (at my age....) that a trail bike might be more suited. At least the gradual downhill parts of the trail.

I signed up for a 1/2 marathon and bought new running shoes. I really thought I would be in better shape because of it but apparently it takes more than use of a credit card? darnit...

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Stop being lazy is on my list too. I haven't rode my bike in about a year, thinking about dusting it off and using it more this year. I havnt been on a trail in years, going to try and rectify that this year.
    My wife has been exercising at night using workout videos for a long time now. Last night I joined and I'll probably continue to do so, but boy did it kick my butt!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    All of my bikes are vintage and antiques with the newest being 1983… Lol. I got into mountain biking probably 10 years ago, bike is long gone… I’d like to do it again because we have a pretty good trail system up here. Right now I just stick to local trails, paths, neighborhoods and occasionally I’m forced onto a road for a short distance to reach another trail.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's nothing close for me either. I usually packed the bike up to France Park or down to Gnaw bone. 2 of the best places i know of to get some trail riding in. I did live in Louisville CO for a while and have to say that was some of the best downhill I've ever been on. Not for scaredy kats, either go 100% or dont try. That was my first place to learn sailing my bike. Best adrenaline rush I've ever had. Boy those were the days, probably kill myself today if I tried that again :):

I used to do some really nice trails, but never did get into sailing... :cool:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I used to do some really nice trails, but never did get into sailing... :cool:
    My cousin turned me on to road biking for a while but there wasnt enough adrenaline in it for me at the time. Always have liked the off road stuff.
    Sailing is the best, even small sails are fun. The big sails are definitely for the youngns for sure. The second pic upthread is of devil's canyon just west of boulder co and I didn't attempt that one but there are others that were just as Johnson shrinking but smaller. Those were my favs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom