Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Albertson's in Warsaw has 3 CZ 457 or maybe they're 455 with the 16" threaded barrel with the free floated camo stock, BUT they are pricey!$!$!$! He wants $1259 dollars, not Czech crowns, for them!!!!
    :spend::spend::spend:
    That is the very last place I would go to buy a gun. 10-15 years ago if Brentley was working could occasionally work some deals. Not after he was gone. Only thing I have purchased there since is crappie minnows one time

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yes.....just look at the shelves in Walmart......better yet go to the Southtown Walmart in Fort Wayne.......ya almost get the whole Iraqi war torn experience.......Burmese speaking their native tongue, wearing drapes and sandals....complaining of the cold.....cause they don't wear socks.......Muslims, wondering why there's no Aks for sale at the gun counter.....complaining ya need a license to fish......the help wearing earbuds cranked to who knows what.....you have to yell to get their attention........this is not the America I grew up in ladies and gentleman......oh, I forgot......and Catlin Jenners......
    i had to double check. i thought you were describing the wallyworld on keystone in indy

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    GM all!
    Hit the treadmill when I have finished :coffee:, poop patrol in the backyard, and will work on making an owb leather holster for the p365, then dinner with our godson‘s parents. A full Sunday indeed (when did I ever find time to work before I retired?!?).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So nice outside today. Went and sold the G44 to a nice Ingo member, had a good conversation with him as well. Ran the truck through the carwash.

Cleaned the rifles from Friday's range trip and prepping for another trip tomorrow. I put 62 rounds through the Bergara 308, it's not showing incredible accuracy just yet, but the cleaning after break-in and some more rounds should give improvement.

20220225_160724.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So nice outside today. Went and sold the G44 to a nice Ingo member, had a good conversation with him as well. Ran the truck through the carwash.

Cleaned the rifles from Friday's range trip and prepping for another trip tomorrow. I put 62 rounds through the Bergara 308, it's not showing incredible accuracy just yet, but the cleaning after break-in and some more rounds should give improvement.

View attachment 184535
    Dang.......your first 20 rounds put my first 20 to shame ! You GO, young stud !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did a preliminary ladder test at 300 yards with the Creedmoor. Checking to see how much velocity I can get before I run into signs of overpressure. Got up to 41.5gr of H4350 and 2732 fps with Sellier & Bellot casings with no signs yet. I have 20 more rounds loaded from 41.2 up to 43.0gr. Research shows a lot of folks have success in that charge weight range with similar barrel twist/length and are in the 2700-2900fps range. I'd like to be somewhere around 2800 or just under.

The other part of this ladder test is to look for accuracy nodes, where a certain window of charge weight produces similar POI on the target (only concerned with vertical spread, not horizontal/windage). There's one around the 39.0 or 40.0gr range, depending on how you look at the impacts, but I'd like more velocity than that and I think the 41.5 was beginning to show another node at just over 2700fps. This is in essence the same thing I'm trying to do with rimfire ammo on my 22 rifles but tuning the ammo to the gun instead of the gun to the ammo. Finding that sweet spot of barrel harmonics that produces precision, then try to repeat it consistently.

I forgot to bring extra ammo for barrel fouling and the 300 yard sight in, so I had to sacrifice that lone ranger 37.0gr at the bottom. Poor guy, look at him all alone down there. :(

This article would explain better what I'm attempting to do: https://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/long-range-load-development/

20220225_162507.jpg

Using colored permanent marker on the bullets makes it super easy to identify what's what on the target. And it's pretty, so there's that too for you stylish folks. :)

20220226_153102.jpg

20220227_133305.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That's all standing/offhand with my weakside. There was nobody else there, so nobody can disprove my claim. Ha!

Just kidding. It's a Caldwell BR front rest, Protektor leather front and rear rests.

Like this:

View attachment 184546
    That's a solid system.....although your claims (in purple) made me chuckle. And being you're the man with the golden, fast trigger-finger, it gave me pause, if perhaps true ! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom