Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I doubt that many 70 yr. old's become marauders, but if'in I did ....this would be a choice weapon for my exploits.
    300BLK supersonic from an 8" barrel with a folding-stock, some bandoliers of ammo ... and I say
    "let the marauding begin, mates " ! :D

i-L8s6gF5-L.jpg

And why not throw in a worthy color for a BCG ! .....R.R. should recognize this one ! :alright:

i-wXPz8sg-L.jpg

....and that's the best that I can do for providing some real gun talk, tonight !

I'm glad one of us got something. I got the runaround and the shaft from them fellas.

How does it run?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I’ll give it a go. We’ve got a really nice and clean 2003 Yukon XL that Mrs. Rusty currently drives, it serves the family well but she hates throwing money in the gas tank… So we hope to be able to park that and save it for trips and such.

If this deal works out, not sure if it will. She will be cruising in a very non rusty Olds Rocket 88.

A friend of mine inherited this car which has been sitting for a handful of years… New battery and it fired right up. Fresh gas and she’s ready to go. He needs to sell it to pay the bills on the houses that he inherited so the pipes don’t freeze. And we just happen to be in the market for another cheap beater car as we are on a new financial plan and this would work for us.

Here’s the beautiful beast. Not a speck of visible rust, little underneath as would be expected for this climate. Interior is pretty clean and will be better once Mickey’s mess is cleaned out… everything appears to work that I played with.

View attachment 184403

It’s in a very exciting shade of Light Antelope, so basically it’s an exotic automobile.

Here’s the spec sheet so y’all can fill in your spreadsheets.

View attachment 184404

Google says it’s still under warranty so I’ll be contacting Oldsmobile Monday morning so see about the falling headliner.

It’s roomy and comfy. Plenty of room in the backseat for the kiddos car seats. Trunk has more than enough room for at least 4 of you, well maybe 3 after some donuts…

If the numbers line up and he can find the title in the hoarders house… the most difficult decision for me to make is which Stetson hat to wear while driving it and if the yellow lens aviator style shooting glasses will be sufficient enough to not blind me while our cruising for a hot mom for a date night kid free.

In reality the addition of a vehicle like this and selling of my big truck, will allow us to lower our fuel budget and be able to pay even more than we are already planning towards the principal on our mortgage. Plan as it sits right now would knock our 30 yrs down to 15! And we will only be lowering that number as we add more and more to principal as we can.

There. Plenty long. Some pictures and charts. Specs. Back story. Current story. Future story. Humor and truth. I hope I did a good job! Now we just wait for the phone call to talk numbers.
    :+1::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: WOW!!!! That was beyond Spicy!!!!!! I laughed when I started reading your “novel”, said Rocket 88….my dad had a 2 door, Olds, Delta 88….with…….
    455 Rocket V-8, factory 4 barrel!!!!
    The big boat could float!!!! And brake those rear tires loose!!!! Not your father’s Oldsmobile….

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    :+1::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: WOW!!!! That was beyond Spicy!!!!!! I laughed when I started reading your “novel”, said Rocket 88….my dad had a 2 door, Olds, Delta 88….with…….
    455 Rocket V-8, factory 4 barrel!!!!
    The big boat could float!!!! And brake those rear tires loose!!!! Not your father’s Oldsmobile….
    If we get it, that’s what I’m calling it. Maybe I’ll find some old badges lol. My “first” car was a 1991 88. Loved that car.

I wish I was looking at a 455 olds… But not in the Plan for now… Dads car sounds like a blast! Nothing like an Olds v8.:cool::cool:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If we get it, that’s what I’m calling it. Maybe I’ll find some old badges lol. My “first” car was a 1991 88. Loved that car.

I wish I was looking at a 455 olds… But not in the Plan for now… Dads car sounds like a blast! Nothing like an Olds v8.:cool::cool:
    There's no substitute for displacement ! (ignoring the fast, electric cars )

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I doubt that many 70 yr. old's become marauders, but if'in I did ....this would be a choice weapon for my exploits.
    300BLK supersonic from an 8" barrel with a folding-stock, some bandoliers of ammo ... and I say
    "let the marauding begin, mates " ! :D

i-L8s6gF5-L.jpg

And why not throw in a worthy color for a BCG ! .....R.R. should recognize this one ! :alright:

i-wXPz8sg-L.jpg

....and that's the best that I can do for providing some real gun talk, tonight !
    At first glance, I have sworn that BCG said, "I suck", on the side. Had to expand it a bit to read it properly.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I got a little gun stuff in today. I was able to get some GPT with the CTS this afternoon. Its very accurate and extremely fun to shoot. C'mon SGE, the DA comp should be fun.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom