rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning Czickoos! :coffee:

We’ve been using Valentine1 radar detectors for a long time. My only beef is that they stepped back from their guarantee of never letting it become obsolete. It used to be that as they added new features, you could send yours in and they would bring it up to current specs for about $100. A couple of years ago the changed the case design and you cannot upgrade an old one any longer. Now, they just give a $100 credit towards a new one. With new ones running $500, upgrading 3 of them is a salty proposition.
    Howdy 88 :coffee:

I have also been using a V1 for decades and have sent it in a couple times for upgrades. I'm planning on getting the Gen2 detector and yes that is a hefty chunk of change but it's my understanding that they will still upgrade the Gen1 models to the latest software for a decent price.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wonder if that would work out as well for us with just a pedestal bed frame that we're using now? I've thought about getting a Purple mattress, but the wife overheard some coworkers complaining about one and is adamant that it wouldn't be a good fit for us.
    We had one a number of years ago. I thought it was amazing. Wife hated it. We now have a hybrid design which we both find just ok.

Guess that how marriage works?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's my understanding from a GM buddy.
    That’s what I’m hearing too… they’ve got to the point that they have hired people to go looking for trucks when it’s time to finish the build…. Lots of wiring problems coming up because of the mice getting to them since some are sitting out way east of town in the country… they are stashed all over this area…

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We need to be building chip production facilities here asap. Working 24/7, 365 till up and running. Companies that totally depend on these chips need to back these facilities monetarily.
    But but but we can save a few dollars by having the Chinese do it for us! Because that’s working out perfectly right now….

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We need to be building chip production facilities here asap. Working 24/7, 365 till up and running. Companies that totally depend on these chips need to back these facilities monetarily.
    I believe some of this is starting to happen, especially with Taiwan (a dominant supplier of chips) in the crosshairs of an aggressive China.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    i read somewhere a couple of weeks back that there's only 1 place that makes the base components for the chips. they're builing a second factory but it will be another year before the start production

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Greed has put us in this position. I am more than willing to pay a little more for items made here but it better be of higher quality. If it can be made here, it should be but workers should not expect making a “living wage “ flipping burgers. We need to bring back industrial arts programs in high schools to train young people to go right to work. Higher education has failed us.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    i read somewhere a couple of weeks back that there's only 1 place that makes the base components for the chips. they're builing a second factory but it will be another year before the start production
    That’s why I stated working 24/7 to get it done. When I was stationed in Korea you would see them working that way to get roads built.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That’s what I’m hearing too… they’ve got to the point that they have hired people to go looking for trucks when it’s time to finish the build…. Lots of wiring problems coming up because of the mice getting to them since some are sitting out way east of town in the country… they are stashed all over this area…
    Yep...I heard they are having lots of rodent issues - especially the ones they parked in the fields surrounding the plant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom