jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    How is the wife holding up?
    Wu-flu-ing seems to be the Czickness of the month 'round here. Little ones ok?

How bout Daddy stress levels?
    See post above. Pretty sure we all had the rona back 1st week of the year. She and I tested and popped positive. Didn't test the kids. We got over that after about a week or so.

Last weekend we had a getaway just the adults and it was a great time. It was much needed.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    See post above. Pretty sure we all had the rona back 1st week of the year. She and I tested and popped positive. Didn't test the kids. We got over that after about a week or so.

Last weekend we had a getaway just the adults and it was a great time. It was much needed.
    Get well brother. Hoping it's a short haul with this one. Hug on the kids. And each other.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just finish a major gunsmithing project. Threw a Wilson Combat grip module on a couple P365s to match the WCP320.

The WC grips are just a tad thicker with more of a radius and feel a little more firmly planted in your hand.

Great improvement to ergos. Not sure about the XL color though. Maybe go black or Cerakote it to match the slide or not worry about it.

Now back to watching curling.

8e702888b0af62bb48853a5e29f3bb49.jpg
    I’d like to fondle your stuff. I hadn’t heard about these till yesterday when the DOGGman mentioned you had some special stuff.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I found out today, curling came from the Scottish. They used to curl stones on ice in the winter on lakes and frozen streams.....bet the brushes were added shortly after the trajectory of the stone changed from ice imperfections.
    Having a handful of Scottish friends, this sounds exactly like what they would do for fun!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning Czickoos! :coffee:

I’m the first up in the house this morning. Even the dog is still snuggled up against the wife in bed. We were all up late watching The Godfather Part 2 last night, so everyone’s sleeping in a bit today. Bourbon and TGF movies pair well together.

We were up late (and the kids) as well. Closest friends came over for dinner and Mexican Train dominoes. Italian food spread thanks to Pickle Lady, drinks for adults/milkshakes for the kids, and lots of kids running around my house creating chaos. Realized I had finished my Buffalo Trace off and forgot to replace it, so Crown and cokes it were. Twas a good evening.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Not sure what today will bring but I'm starting out with an English Muffin and coffee.

Was going to reload some stuff, but remembered I wanted to wait until my new Armanov Dillon floating die toolheads arrive later this week. They're made in Slovenia. Kind of cool looking at tracking showing them leave Slovenia and then go to Italy. I've never ordered anything international before.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks

Not sure what today will bring but I'm starting out with an English Muffin and coffee.

Was going to reload some stuff, but remembered I wanted to wait until my new Armanov Dillon floating die toolheads arrive later this week. They're made in Slovenia. Kind of cool looking at tracking showing them leave Slovenia and then go to Italy. I've never ordered anything international before.
    What about the hookers?

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Alive and holed up here on the ridge. This covid stuff won't go away.
    You are so right. We were supposed to go to my Dad's house today to celebrate his 83rd birthday and got the call yesterday that the get together was cancelled because my stepmom tested positive. Ching Chang and his merry band of scoundrels keep on giving as the rest of the world kisses their backsides at the winter games.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    As I get older, my computer mojo is waning. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to put a decent Linux system together. Intially, it went together well except for the old case I was using had fans that sounded like a chorus of chainsaws. So I order some good quality replacement fans and while in there, pulled the CPU heat sink to replace the thermal paste that was inadequate when I put the system together.

Then it wouldn’t boot. The CPU was known to have issues and the heat spreader had popped off with some damage to the chip itself. That’s why the motherboard and chip had been given to me to play around with years ago. Error codes pointed to the CPU and memory so I ordered a new CPU. The new CPU didn’t change the issue. MB still showing a CPU issue and no memory installed. At this point, I swap out the power supply with a known good one with no difference.

I figured that I must have fried the motherboard while swapping the fans out so I order a new motherboard. That comes in and there’s still no change. I try moving the memory around to different slots to see if that makes a difference but it doesn’t. At this point, I’m thinking that I’ve replaced everything but the case. Then I remember that it was the case I was working on when the problems started so I pulled all case connections and the problem disappeared.

During the later testing stage, I had reinstalled the new CPU, so that was never the issue. I now have the same CPU/mb combo as a spare as I did when I started, so I’ll order another case, SSD drive and memory to build up a second system.

In the past, I would have been much more efficient at troubleshooting but this time I took the route of throwing money at each theory instead of testing each theory to see what was wrong. I fixed it but the fix cost about $300 more than it needed to.
    So what was the real problem?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom