• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I have to save this quote so I can show it to my wife repeatedly in case she forgets.
    BUT it usually boils down to...."and you spent how much on that gun???" as the Amazon Prime truck pulls up in your driveway for the 4th time that week.......with another MRS. DELIVERY!!!!

Amazon contacted my wife to get the sculptor lined up......for her bust that is going in front of:

"the AMAZON - Janet Annex"

for some reason she is never amused by this comment, but she keeps saying "maybe I'll get SAME DAY DELIVERY with it only 15 miles away!!!!!" :delivery::delivery::spend::spend::wallbash::wallbash:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just finish a major gunsmithing project. Threw a Wilson Combat grip module on a couple P365s to match the WCP320.

The WC grips are just a tad thicker with more of a radius and feel a little more firmly planted in your hand.

Great improvement to ergos. Not sure about the XL color though. Maybe go black or Cerakote it to match the slide or not worry about it.

Now back to watching curling.

8e702888b0af62bb48853a5e29f3bb49.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Just finish a major gunsmithing project. Threw a Wilson Combat grip module on a couple P365s to match the WCP320.

The WC grips are just a tad thicker with more of a radius and feel a little more firmly planted in your hand.

Great improvement to ergos. Not sure about the XL color though. Maybe go black or Cerakote it to match the slide or not worry about it.

Now back to watching curling.

8e702888b0af62bb48853a5e29f3bb49.jpg
    Enjoying the curling, also..... I'm thinking holding a cold frosty one in between curls.....would add so much to the sport....well.....maybe not TOO MANY tall cold ones.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I found out today, curling came from the Scottish. They used to curl stones on ice in the winter on lakes and frozen streams.....bet the brushes were added shortly after the trajectory of the stone changed from ice imperfections.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Well, helped my artist, mural painter, veteran buddy, move his safe from the "wicked witch (ex-wife) from the west"..... I remember telling him it would be a cold day in he$$ when we moved it a couple of months ago......I'm sorry I was right. Everything went pretty well, just wish the Chinese balsa wood on the 4 wheel dolly would have held up. I was amazed at how much cheaper they will go in manufacturing. His snow blower is similar to mine, but even more plastic on it......plastic and ice don't mix!!!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I get older, my computer mojo is waning. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to put a decent Linux system together. Intially, it went together well except for the old case I was using had fans that sounded like a chorus of chainsaws. So I order some good quality replacement fans and while in there, pulled the CPU heat sink to replace the thermal paste that was inadequate when I put the system together.

Then it wouldn’t boot. The CPU was known to have issues and the heat spreader had popped off with some damage to the chip itself. That’s why the motherboard and chip had been given to me to play around with years ago. Error codes pointed to the CPU and memory so I ordered a new CPU. The new CPU didn’t change the issue. MB still showing a CPU issue and no memory installed. At this point, I swap out the power supply with a known good one with no difference.

I figured that I must have fried the motherboard while swapping the fans out so I order a new motherboard. That comes in and there’s still no change. I try moving the memory around to different slots to see if that makes a difference but it doesn’t. At this point, I’m thinking that I’ve replaced everything but the case. Then I remember that it was the case I was working on when the problems started so I pulled all case connections and the problem disappeared.

During the later testing stage, I had reinstalled the new CPU, so that was never the issue. I now have the same CPU/mb combo as a spare as I did when I started, so I’ll order another case, SSD drive and memory to build up a second system.

In the past, I would have been much more efficient at troubleshooting but this time I took the route of throwing money at each theory instead of testing each theory to see what was wrong. I fixed it but the fix cost about $300 more than it needed to.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Thursday - snow day "work from home" ...didn't happen. Thurs night belly is not right, go to be early

Friday - girl turned 4. Snow day. I'm down for the count. Belly for sure not right. Confined to the master.

Saturday - open house style birthday party. I'm getting better off/on so I join the party occasionally.

Sat night/Sun morning- 1am boy (1yo) wakes up screaming crying. Rock/bottle attempt to go back to sleep. Nope. Not happening. 3:30ish the Mrs switches with me, girl says tummy doesn't feel well.
    Laying in bed with the girl, her dinner exits to the north. Start a bath, need to wash it out of her hair. She and I bunk on the couch with the tv on and a big bowl (which was used a couple times) til 7:30ish. The Mrs eventually got the boy to sleep. He got up about the time we got off the couch. My grandparents are hanging with him now. I'm with the girl. The Mrs has to go work at church.

Ugh.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    How is the wife holding up?
    Wu-flu-ing seems to be the Czickness of the month 'round here. Little ones ok?

How bout Daddy stress levels?

Guess we were typing at the same time. Grandson had the galloping shits and finally took some imodium to get his electrolytes back to normal after 4 days. Y'all be careful with that stuff. Got pedialyte in the house? Someone close to bring you some?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom