churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds a lot like my mis-spent youth...:lmfao:
    This was my first performance mod before I had a driver's license.

Second was to hacksaw off the exhaust in the driveway and bolt on some glass packs.

Third, I think, was probably shiny wheels...no...it was probably air shocks on the back to fit big fat tires.

The summer before I turned 16, I worked in the garage of the family business doing PM on the trucks or whatever crappy job they could figure out to give the "boss' kid". I didn't spend a penny - saved it all for car stuff.

Was also the same summer I was deemed old enough to access the contents of the "other" refrigerator in the back of the parts room.
    Woody Wood Pecker Thrush glass packs were our go to. The cherry bombs had a distinct sound to them when you closed the throttle and let the car slow on the engine. Dead give away it was a set of Bombs.
    WWP thrush were 18" long with a 2 3/4" pass straight through. Loud barely covers them. Zero restrictions.
    Rarely had trick wheels on my early cars due to spending too much under the hood...:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To be honest, it was my second car. My first car was a 70 Cutlass. Wrapped it around a corner post and the ole man said nope not again and was pretty much forced on the Caddy.
    I did use your 3rd upgrade on it too and put air shocks on it. My auto mechanics teacher laughed so hard at it he dumped his coffee first time he seen it. Didnt care tho I thought it was cool.
    Yes they do have a following. All leather interior and could carry 8 people easily. We would go to France Park in the summer for cliff jumping and would take 8 buddys and put 7 in the trunk about a mile before the entrance. I pocketed half the entrance fees, covered gas. Never got caught, great memories..
    1959 Oldsmobile. Full boat loaded to the hilt. Electric seats/windows you name it. That car was 20' long and the trunk was a 1 car garage. We would sneak friends into the drive-in movies in that trunk. I camped in that trunk...:):
    I gave $35 for the car 1n 1966. It had 40K on the clock. Old guy lost his sight and parked it. Took a day to get it running and it never missed a beat that whole summer and trust that we beat it hard. You could power brake it up and smoke the tires a full city block.
    It was the party car.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I do have a somewhat CZ related question. I picked up my first ESEE knife. They recommend a Tuf-Cloth to wipe it down and prevent rust. I figured I could use it on all kinds of metal things. Anyone have any experience?
    Yes....use one all of the time on all kinds of things......including firearms. Works great !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

THE Bandit's shovel has an ergonomic handle..... it's perfect, and exactly like mine !

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I rememeber driving to carbureator exchange after giving up, and handing the counterman the box with the carb body, parts and partially used rebuild kit with a rather humble look on my face. Drove home and bolted the rebuilt on my brother's Pontiac and he was good to go.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They are very much aware, locally my county road is known as drug lab road. Since I have lived here I've engaged in "rural renewal" buying out the problems, demolishing the structures and letting nature take over. Maybe they are just waiting on my next move.
    They are very much aware but just not interested?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I told Manny to get the snow blower prepped. He did the oil and such, but it will not start. Told him the carb is most likely the culprit. He got that "Deer" in the headlights look about him so I guess I will be pulling it off and cleaning it up.
    That's what was wrong with mine but I just bought a new assembly and plugged it in lol.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They are very much aware but just not interested?

There seems to be a relationship of some kind with this family, my only guess is that they are informants. Two plainclothes cops stopped my wife and I and played 20 questions when he disappeared a few years back after a house fire. She's been busted for supplying "contraband" to inmates.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    One of my favorite 40's. SW 4006. Someday I'll stumbled into a 4006TSW to go along with it.

64325-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Because we are here to enable:
    This one looks a bit nicer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom