The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've been working off and on in the garage the past week, getting some more things setup and using up more scrap wood that I'm tired of looking at. When I decided to dedicate the workbench to mainly reloading and gun stuff, I took the drill press and bench grinder off there. My original idea was to just get those things out and clamp them to the bench when I needed them. Well, that was a poor plan. So, I made stands for them both out of scrap wood. I call this family of custom woodworking the Frankenstein collection, complete with a plethora of drywall screws. I don't think I'll go professional just yet, but I'm getting pretty good at blowing sawdust all over my wife's car.

20220101_101855.jpg

Then I decided I was tired of dragging the air hose from the compressor around the back of my wife's car and over to the bench, so I ran a second line across the ceiling (50' 3/8 Goodyear hose only $23 on Amazon) and dropped it down to the work area with a short section of yellow coiled hose and a blow gun. I have a small portable compressor, but it's loud and vibrates all over the place, along with running constant due to the small tank size (main compressor is a 220v 60 gallon unit). This will be nice for clearing off the workbench and cleaning guns with. When I deep clean guns, I like to soak with cleaner, scrub, spray again and then blow all that crap out of there. I used Sea Foam Deep Creep for years, but now I'm trying out a Lucas product.

20220101_102011.jpg

And this morning I'm trying out this Frankford Arsenal Vibratory Tumbler that I bought the other day from older sister. Some of you may remember she makes custom wood burning arts and crafts, like those given away at FGE a few years back when Birds Away was still with us. She was doing stuff with empty casings in it on Etsy and some Karen reported her and Etsy made her remove anything of the sort. So, she's not making those things anymore.

20220101_102024.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have been working on a home gym in one of our spare rooms.
    My wife and I are empty nesters and have a beautiful 2 story 4 bedroom home.
    Anyway this is my Son's old room, used to be Colts blue. Two coats of Sherwin Williams Morning Fog.
    All old carpeting has been removed, I intend to pull the sub floor and insulate, then go back with a gym type floor.
    This will be a good winter time project. Looking forward to start getting back in shape without having to travel to an indoor gym.

Let's all hope that in this new year of 2022, that things will begin to turn around for us as a Nation!

Pics attached of the room, and our upstairs hallway, where I am going to use most of the spare flooring from when my Wife and I replaced all our downstairs flooring. I should have enough to finish the hallway upstairs.20210824_141649.jpg20210824_141649.jpg20210824_141734.jpg20210824_141738.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Anyway this is my Son's old room, used to be Colts blue. Two coats of Sherwin Williams Morning Fog.
    All old carpeting has been removed, I intend to pull the sub floor and insulate, then go back with a gym type floor.
    This will be a good winter time project. Looking forward to start getting back in shape without having to travel to an indoor gym.

Let's all hope that in this new year of 2022, that things will begin to turn around for us as a Nation!

Pics attached of the room, and our upstairs hallway, where I am going to use most of the spare flooring from when my Wife and I replaced all our downstairs flooring. I should have enough to finish the hallway upstairs.View attachment 173936View attachment 173936View attachment 173940View attachment 173941
    Looks nice. I got really excited when I saw the Milwaukee drill.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I've been working off and on in the garage the past week, getting some more things setup and using up more scrap wood that I'm tired of looking at. When I decided to dedicate the workbench to mainly reloading and gun stuff, I took the drill press and bench grinder off there. My original idea was to just get those things out and clamp them to the bench when I needed them. Well, that was a poor plan. So, I made stands for them both out of scrap wood. I call this family of custom woodworking the Frankenstein collection, complete with a plethora of drywall screws. I don't think I'll go professional just yet, but I'm getting pretty good at blowing sawdust all over my wife's car.

View attachment 173932

Then I decided I was tired of dragging the air hose from the compressor around the back of my wife's car and over to the bench, so I ran a second line across the ceiling (50' 3/8 Goodyear hose only $23 on Amazon) and dropped it down to the work area with a short section of yellow coiled hose and a blow gun. I have a small portable compressor, but it's loud and vibrates all over the place, along with running constant due to the small tank size (main compressor is a 220v 60 gallon unit). This will be nice for clearing off the workbench and cleaning guns with. When I deep clean guns, I like to soak with cleaner, scrub, spray again and then blow all that crap out of there. I used Sea Foam Deep Creep for years, but now I'm trying out a Lucas product.

View attachment 173933

And this morning I'm trying out this Frankford Arsenal Vibratory Tumbler that I bought the other day from older sister. Some of you may remember she makes custom wood burning arts and crafts, like those given away at FGE a few years back when Birds Away was still with us. She was doing stuff with empty casings in it on Etsy and some Karen reported her and Etsy made her remove anything of the sort. So, she's not making those things anymore.

View attachment 173934
    You, sir are a true wood butcher ... my hat is off to you!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Pics attached of the room, and our upstairs hallway, where I am going to use most of the spare flooring from when my Wife and I replaced all our downstairs flooring. I should have enough to finish the hallway upstairs.View attachment 173936View attachment 173936View attachment 173940View attachment 173941
    My wife and I are at the same point in life and are slowly remaking the house to better suit two of us instead of 4. One of the boys bedrooms is the guest room but the other is lacking purpose and is a catch all for stuff we don't need but haven't been able to part with yet.

I like the home gym idea. That would be a great use of that extra space

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom