The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

My gun buying has ended for the year but my youngest did ask me to keep this in the safe for him. It's a 1906 Swiss Luger
    1e61eaa98da36c134a68b01ae596bca9.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's not just today I'm confused; this happens every day.
    That's because you arise too dang early. I haven't been up this early since my colonoscopy earlier this year.....and that wasn't by choice ! (Haha) < I have to type haha, because for some reason, I can't access the emoticons on my tablet. (shrugs shoulders)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was able to do a range trip down to HHRP yesterday morning to sight in the DD M4A1 that I put the Leupold Mark AR 3-9x and RMR combo on. I like that setup. The 45 degree canted RMR is a lot easier to use than I was worried that it might be. Sighting two optics in took less time than I thought it would.

This is the first time I’ve shot the DD since I moved most other ARs over to the LaRue triggers. I had left that one stock because I thought it was a decent trigger and I wanted one AR to be in as delivered condition. Now that I’ve gotten accustomed to the LaRue triggers, I realize that this trigger is crap on the DD. It’s probably a decent mil-spec trigger but it has a lot of creep that gets in the way of accuracy. As you slowly increase pressure, there are a couple of points where you feel like the trigger is breaking but it’s just more creep.

Overall, I love the combo. It’s relatively light and easy to handle. I’ll live with the quad rail but will replace the trigger and stock eventually. A2 stocks are the preferred setup but this collapsible stock is pretty good.

d8b8c474146fc7b55528a439803703cf.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    (Haha) < I have to type haha, because for some reason, I can't access the emoticons on my tablet. (shrugs shoulders)
    You are probably in mobile mode not desktop mode in your browser. It condenses the menus.

The stuff you can't see is hidden behind 3 for menus.

edita.jpgThe middle one let's you access the emoticons.
    edirb.jpg

Screenshot_20211230-071841.jpg
    Or you can force desktop mode in the browser settings to get the same menus as your desktop browser

Ok - back to CZ mode.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Speaking of cats, my wife's boss talked her into us taking two of her kittens. So we have two new kittens we are trying to name and integrate into our household.

View attachment 173609
    It's easy to integrate cats into a household. You find out what they like to eat, where they like to sleep, and what they like to do and then you cater to their every desire and then follow that up with making sure everything is on their terms. :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    My wife is wanting a kitten then she's wanting a puppy then she's glad we don't have any other responsibilities right now. I told her that I don't want to get anything right now, but maybe in the Spring. We would like to get a puppy that is part Pit, but in the past I know some kennels didn't accept dogs that had Pit in them, so we've got to look into that and see if that's still the case or not.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I was able to do a range trip down to HHRP yesterday morning to sight in the DD M4A1 that I put the Leupold Mark AR 3-9x and RMR combo on. I like that setup. The 45 degree canted RMR is a lot easier to use than I was worried that it might be. Sighting two optics in took less time than I thought it would.

This is the first time I’ve shot the DD since I moved most other ARs over to the LaRue triggers. I had left that one stock because I thought it was a decent trigger and I wanted one AR to be in as delivered condition. Now that I’ve gotten accustomed to the LaRue triggers, I realize that this trigger is crap on the DD. It’s probably a decent mil-spec trigger but it has a lot of creep that gets in the way of accuracy. As you slowly increase pressure, there are a couple of points where you feel like the trigger is breaking but it’s just more creep.

Overall, I love the combo. It’s relatively light and easy to handle. I’ll live with the quad rail but will replace the trigger and stock eventually. A2 stocks are the preferred setup but this collapsible stock is pretty good.

d8b8c474146fc7b55528a439803703cf.jpg

When and if they go on sale in the near future - get a hold of a Velocity 3# trigger

You n me will meet up and I'll let cha shoot mine - I have it on all my AR's

It is the nuts - especially for the money.

I have em all - the MPC - the flat - the curved

You cannot miss with these

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People :

Had a restful 9 hours of sleep...one of the best nights I can remember.

Took my regimen of pills and normal supplements and ate after I did 15 min on the tread mill & 15 min in the dry sauna

Air in lungs good -- heat good

normal 02/oxygen levels and normal temps

Life is good....keep me in your prayers please, Lads...they are working.!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom