The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I got some local product in the mail today. Not as exciting as MMs.

af1be0b1a3d1e449ab4289b39aa08b62.jpg

It’s been initiated, anointed, played, and loved-on…now, a suitable name must come to me in a vision quest !
    :dazzle:

The unwrapping !

1023×542 232 KB

1024×625 299 KB

470×768 153 KB

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Today was a fun day for me, like a kid in a candy store, when the UPS guy dropped off goodies.

Started getting a good majority of reloading stuff in over the weekend and today, with a bulk of the items from Midway. I want to give a shout out to Accurate Arms out of PA, they sent me some dies with a very nice handwritten note thanking me and wishing me a blessed Christmas season, that was nice to see and I sent them a thank you email in response. Dillon sent me a Fedex tracking number and the press shows Friday for delivery. Looking like I should be ready to reload this upcoming weekend at some point.

Here's the progress I made today.

20211129_101901.jpg

Fully cleaned the Lyman powder measure per the manual, using rubbing alcohol. Easy peasy.

20211129_143935.jpg

Made a "custom" bracket for it anchored to my "custom" made shelving. I'm big on repurposing wood in the garage, I find it fun to give an old something or other new meaning.

20211129_190503.jpg

Got some other stuff situated and organized. Opened some stuff up and played around a little bit with it. Picked up a food dehydrator from Menards for $25 ($40 - $15 rebate money) to use for drying brass after wet tumbling. The brand is Professional Series, so I knew it was meant to be.

20211129_190522.jpg

20211129_190452.jpg

Ended the day in the garage with fully cleaning the Redding Premium dies per their instructions using Bore Solvent (I used Hoppes #9) and a brass brush. Applied a thin coat of case lube to the inside of the full length resizing dies, adjusted the decapping pins to protrude 3/16" and made it all look pretty. I found it very entertaining working with those dies, more than it should have been. It was really cool to see how they work.

20211129_190607.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    No scotch for me I'm a bourbon guy. Rum when I'm out of bourbon.... ok maybe need a alcohol for fun thread or something of the sort.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Today was a fun day for me, like a kid in a candy store, when the UPS guy dropped off goodies.

Started getting a good majority of reloading stuff in over the weekend and today, with a bulk of the items from Midway. I want to give a shout out to Accurate Arms out of PA, they sent me some dies with a very nice handwritten note thanking me and wishing me a blessed Christmas season, that was nice to see and I sent them a thank you email in response. Dillon sent me a Fedex tracking number and the press shows Friday for delivery. Looking like I should be ready to reload this upcoming weekend at some point.

Here's the progress I made today.

View attachment 169782

Fully cleaned the Lyman powder measure per the manual, using rubbing alcohol. Easy peasy.

View attachment 169783

Made a "custom" bracket for it anchored to my "custom" made shelving. I'm big on repurposing wood in the garage, I find it fun to give an old something or other new meaning.

View attachment 169784

Got some other stuff situated and organized. Opened some stuff up and played around a little bit with it. Picked up a food dehydrator from Menards for $25 ($40 - $15 rebate money) to use for drying brass after wet tumbling. The brand is Professional Series, so I knew it was meant to be.

View attachment 169785

View attachment 169787

Ended the day in the garage with fully cleaning the Redding Premium dies per their instructions using Bore Solvent (I used Hoppes #9) and a brass brush. Applied a thin coat of case lube to the inside of the full length resizing dies, adjusted the decapping pins to protrude 3/16" and made it all look pretty. I found it very entertaining working with those dies, more than it should have been. It was really cool to see how they work.

View attachment 169792
    I find myself slightly aroused by the way you use words.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom