New Haven
    Morning folks

Range day with some details below:

CZ 457 22LR
    - Practice at 200 yards
    - Determine scope elevation adjustment at 300 yards

Noveske 5.56
    - Determine scope elevation adjustment at 200 & 300 yards
    - 4x5 group test at 300 yards (4 groups of 5-shots each)

Howa 308
    - Verify scope elevation adjustment at 300 yards
    - 4x3 group test at 300 yards (4 groups of 3-shots each)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nice to know Carlos, thanks for the info. Might have to order some more Wolf ammo that my rifles seem to like pretty well.
    Part of me is tempted to order a sampler platter of 2 boxes each of stuff I've done some initial testing with and seen good results or stuff I haven't tried like Eley Tenex. But that means getting the CC out, then giving myself another complex because I have over 3k rounds of match ammo I know my rifle does good enough with already (SK Rifle Match, Eley Club, Eley Target). The match ammo I have is only being shot in the 457 currently and will last me quite awhile at my current pace.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I hear ya. I have about same same amount, 3k rounds of match grade stuff and another 2.5k of CCI standard. I had some Tenex at one point in time and don't recall it doing any better for me than the Wolf stuff, that was cheaper. The lower end Wolf seems to do as well for me at 100 yards and under than the more expensive stuff and honestly, I don't really see going longer distance than that with my rimfires.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I hear ya. I have about same same amount, 3k rounds of match grade stuff and another 2.5k of CCI standard. I had some Tenex at one point in time and don't recall it doing any better for me than the Wolf stuff, that was cheaper. The lower end Wolf seems to do as well for me at 100 yards and under than the more expensive stuff and honestly, I don't really see going longer distance than that with my rimfires.
    I'm with you there. I've been using Eley Club in NRL22, which doesn't go out further than 100 yards currently (except bonus stages) and won my last match with it. Lapua Center-X costs 2x as much and Eley Tenex costs 3x as much. Ideally, I'd like to get towards the end of my current match ammo, then do some testing of other kinds before re-ordering. But, as we all know, making plans ahead of time for anything is a crap shoot.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm with you there. I've been using Eley Club in NRL22, which doesn't go out further than 100 yards currently (except bonus stages) and won my last match with it. Lapua Center-X costs 2x as much and Eley Tenex costs 3x as much. Ideally, I'd like to get towards the end of my current match ammo, then do some testing of other kinds before re-ordering. But, as we all know, making plans ahead of time for anything is a crap shoot.
    Pretty soon you are going to be down to comparing lot numbers of each brand.

:stickpoke:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    From what I’m finding everyone better have 3 months worth of food in the house. If you heat with NG you will probably be in shock this winter. Gas production is at its lowest in years due to wells being offline in the gulf along with Biden’s anti drilling onshore. We ordered a Freeze Dryer 2 weeks ago so we can put away food long term. I’m afraid that some people will be trading guns and ammunition just to have something to eat. Please be prepared my friends.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    From what I’m finding everyone better have 3 months worth of food in the house. If you heat with NG you will probably be in shock this winter. Gas production is at its lowest in years due to wells being offline in the gulf along with Biden’s anti drilling onshore. We ordered a Freeze Dryer 2 weeks ago so we can put away food long term. I’m afraid that some people will be trading guns and ammunition just to have something to eat. Please be prepared my friends.
    :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom