Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I noticed my beer consumption has increased drastically the last month. Probably has something to do with all the repairs I've been making at the new house and all the rewards I've been giving myself......beer rewards.....not other ways of rewar.....nevermind. :)

When you know you did good, you get beer. When she notices you did good, she will reward you. Enjoy the beer!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I never had AC until I moved out of the house, and got married.

I did basic training 34 years ago, this time of year, at Ft Jackson SC, in WWII barracks. Hell, they'd probably sue the army if they didn't have AC now.
    I will admit, I had you pegged as someone my age, I was 1 year old 34 years ago. :laugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You guys are making me feel REALLY young. Please continue :):
    I've been without AC a lot, but I was younger and in better shape
    Some of the meds I take I can get sick if I get too hot so I have to be careful now anyways. Not like I'm out running marathons ;)
    Just sitting down in a restaurant that trys to play cheap ass and doesnt have the AC up I'll start sweating and feeling sick if it's too humid especialy.
    That's one thing I dont understand about Indiana is why the hell places dont invest in better or more AC units?
    You go into a restaurant or store in florida or even like open shops at disneyworld or Universal Studios and the AC is cranking so cold my nipples could cut glass. And I LOVE cold AC! But here in Indiana it's hard to find even a nice restaurant that has a decent AC. Why?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some of the meds I take I can get sick if I get too hot so I have to be careful now anyways. Not like I'm out running marathons ;)
    Just sitting down in a restaurant that trys to play cheap ass and doesnt have the AC up I'll start sweating and feeling sick if it's too humid especialy.
    That's one thing I dont understand about Indiana is why the hell places dont invest in better or more AC units?
    You go into a restaurant or store in florida or even like open shops at disneyworld or Universal Studios and the AC is cranking so cold my nipples could cut glass. And I LOVE cold AC! But here in Indiana it's hard to find even a nice restaurant that has a decent AC. Why?

All about the Benjamin's man........follow the money.
    A lot of places have enough A/C they just do not take care of it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I never had AC until I moved out of the house, and got married.

I did basic training 34 years ago, this time of year, at Ft Jackson SC, in WWII barracks. Hell, they'd probably sue the army if they didn't have AC now.

It was 33 years for me, Ft. Benning, GA at the end of summer. We had one of the newer barracks that had air conditioning. We were out in 90-100 degree heat with swamp-like humidity all day in training, then in the barracks at night and I swear they had it set to 55 or so. Almost everyone was constantly getting sick from it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;qID6QspUN3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qID6QspUN3M[/video]

As promised video of my 360PD shooting 357 Magnum (Speer Gold Dot short Barrel), I like how despite it being broad daylight you can still see it shoot flames and the pistol is so loud it blows the audio out on my Go-Pro. Also pretty proud of myself with that string given the size of the pistol and the recoil!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It was 33 years for me, Ft. Benning, GA at the end of summer. We had one of the newer barracks that had air conditioning. We were out in 90-100 degree heat with swamp-like humidity all day in training, then in the barracks at night and I swear they had it set to 55 or so. Almost everyone was constantly getting sick from it.
    Sand Hill.
    Humidity is a killer And the snakes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    [video=youtube;qID6QspUN3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qID6QspUN3M[/video]

As promised video of my 360PD shooting 357 Magnum (Speer Gold Dot short Barrel), I like how despite it being broad daylight you can still see it shoot flames and the pistol is so loud it blows the audio out on my Go-Pro. Also pretty proud of myself with that string given the size of the pistol and the recoil!

You only get 5 man......just 5.....:):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

47 yrs. ago for me. Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX. hot, hot, hot ..... they made us take salt tablets.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I grew up in Florida. When the heater core went out in my car I bypassed it with a piece of pipe and 2 hose clamps, but when the AC went out, I was fixing that ASAP.

My son was born and grew up in Indiana... thought he knew what heat was, then he went down to Alabama to go to school, and he really learned what heat is. Nothing like walking outside at 8 AM in the morning and your glasses instantly fog up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom