Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    In other news I'm about ready to take a CZ to my bottled water dispenser. I'm trying to take the damn thing apart so that I can deep clean it where the jugs of water plug into it on top and then the water goes into internal tanks and is either cooled or heated or room temp for your drinking pleasure. Well mold and bad stuff can form if you dont clean things like these inside so thats what I've been attempting to do. The only good thing that's come of this is one YouTube video I've found of some housewife wearing some revealing clothing with a banging body doing hers. I love YouTube.

I went with the simple method and as a plus it is quite easy to clean. About $20 from Amazon
    ADPSfAN.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    For my Advantage Arms conversion kit slide I was able to put a set on that had a dead front tritium vial, but had the orange dot and the blacked out rear and works nicely to mimic carry setup (and was cheap). I may have to take your tactic and paint the dot on the front sight of my M&P Compact 22 to mimic the carry setup as well.
    I've heard of other people blacking out the rear sight, what is the advantage of this? It seems like it would make it more difficult to acquire the sights.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've heard of other people blacking out the rear sight, what is the advantage of this? It seems like it would make it more difficult to acquire the sights.

I find it less distracting with the blacked out rear sight. It’s also typical on target type pistols for hebrear sight to be blacked out.

Off the top of my head I can count ) pistols in my safe hat have black rear sights, there may be a 7th. They also happen to be the ones shot the most and enjoyed the most.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I find it less distracting with the blacked out rear sight. It’s also typical on target type pistols for hebrear sight to be blacked out.

Off the top of my head I can count ) pistols in my safe hat have black rear sights, there may be a 7th. They also happen to be the ones shot the most and enjoyed the most.
    Interesting. My 1911 had target sights and unless the lighting was decent it was difficult. I sold it because I wanted a better HD gun. But when the lighting was good that 1911 was smokin' on target.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In other news I'm about ready to take a CZ to my bottled water dispenser. I'm trying to take the damn thing apart so that I can deep clean it where the jugs of water plug into it on top and then the water goes into internal tanks and is either cooled or heated or room temp for your drinking pleasure. Well mold and bad stuff can form if you dont clean things like these inside so thats what I've been attempting to do. The only good thing that's come of this is one YouTube video I've found of some housewife wearing some revealing clothing with a banging body doing hers. I love YouTube.

I always end up with the videos of the guys wearing wife beater shirts and a few teeth missing...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is good to see folks stepping up and wanting a social day. That is what they usually are and I love them.
    Apology's for not staying out in front of this but life has been a bit whelming. Almost overwhelming but nit quit yet.

Ya-all get something together and I will attend if time allows.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ha. Love those too!! Sugar free
    Awesome car man. That's a BMW right?

Thanks. t’s a BMW for better or worse. My twins have two years left in college so that car better go over 200,000 miles. I’ve had it for years but I intend to get every last penny of use out of it.

Sights....

Here is how went for me. When I was young I didn’t care. As I started to get a little older I like some color on the front ramp.

Now that I’m having all these darn vision problems trying to focus, I desperately need 3 dots preferably with a green fiber optic front site.

Aging sucks.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The issue I've always had when I look in the safe and see stuff I don't use often because it's too nice, isn't something I train with or is too expensive to shoot......I see that as money that could be put towards stuff I will run regularly.

Believe me when I say this, I'd love to have a Shadow 2 right now. But, I know it will drive me nuts knowing I have a $1200 gun sitting in the safe that I won't carry and won't shoot that often. I could shoot it often, but that takes away ammo and range time from my carry guns. Why practice a lot with something I won't carry ever, seems counter productive to me. Am I just coming off as loony here? I'm so envious of you guys having all this cool stuff that I won't allow myself to have because I will feel guilty having it. With "defensive based" guns I can justify it to myself and the wifey (she cares to a point about what I have, but usually just says if the bills are paid shes good with my stuff).

Regardless of price I use everything in my safe for the most part. I have backups to my primary glock 19 that I don't shoot much. My first gun ever doesn't get shot much and some inherited guns. Other than those I typically shot all my guns once a year at a minimum.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

To help draw your eyes to the front sight. Most instructors will tell you focus on the front sight when using the sights (not during times when you're point shooting).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am in the market for a very concealable wheel gun. I have a Charter Arms Bull Dog in .44 special but my daughter has taken a serious liking to it. So it is no longer my bug.

Looking for a sub nosed 5/6 shot in at least a .38. Other calibers considered.

Any ideas.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am in the market for a very concealable wheel gun. I have a Charter Arms Bull Dog in .44 special but my daughter has taken a serious liking to it. So it is no longer my bug.

Looking for a sub nosed 5/6 shot in at least a .38. Other calibers considered.

Any ideas.

Isn’t the j-frame the go to choice for just that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom