Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It doesn't have to be a full on gala every time. We could just find a centrally located range and see who could make it? Maybe you could pull Rusty out of retirement.

That place in Roanoke could be rented. We use a small private range (very informal - we have gravel and a concrete pad... oh and weeds...lots of weeds) that I can reserve most anytime but we'd probably want to bring some steel as I don't have it set up yet except the target boards (just my dueling tree). Just a thought...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It doesn't have to be a full on gala every time. We could just find a centrally located range and see who could make it? Maybe you could pull Rusty out of retirement.
    I like the sound of this. Doubtful Rusty will go, he's lost interest and is knee deep in car stuff all the time.

That place in Roanoke could be rented. We use a small private range (very informal - we have gravel and a concrete pad... oh and weeds...lots of weeds) that I can reserve most anytime but we'd probably want to bring some steel as I don't have it set up yet except the target boards (just my dueling tree). Just a thought...
    I don't know how much Roanoke costs to rent a bay. I like the sound of the private range you mentioned. I could probably source some steel targets if needed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you think you have nice guns, go to the range with BA and the Wiz. You'll come back to earth pretty quick. Every time they would shoot one of mine, they'd say "that's pretty nice. Try this one." And then I'd see what nice really is.

1. I have so much to look forward to!
    2. I have had 3 members get together with me at the range to shoot their guns which were "better." Such FUN!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Anyone here use SyncThing to sync stuff between systems? I started playing with it yesterday and am impressed so far. Syncing between multiple PCs, Macs and Linux boxes is a PITA normally but seems to work well with this.

I'll have to look this up. What all does it sync? I currently use Firefox browser for all my personal browsing and have a FireFox sync account that syncs bookmarks, etc between all devices where I have FireFox installed (including my phone, etc). Works pretty well. I also use OneDrive for a lot of my documents and sync them down to some machines (not all as there are still some things I don't trust to the cloud).

Morning everyone. I actually made it to the range last evening. I don't think I even shot 100 rounds but it was nice getting out there. It reinforced that these skills, even those with lesser skills, deteriorate quickly. But it was fun hanging out with the Wiz and Hoosier45.

Nice to hear this!

The issue I've always had when I look in the safe and see stuff I don't use often because it's too nice, isn't something I train with or is too expensive to shoot......I see that as money that could be put towards stuff I will run regularly.

Believe me when I say this, I'd love to have a Shadow 2 right now. But, I know it will drive me nuts knowing I have a $1200 gun sitting in the safe that I won't carry and won't shoot that often. I could shoot it often, but that takes away ammo and range time from my carry guns. Why practice a lot with something I won't carry ever, seems counter productive to me. Am I just coming off as loony here? I'm so envious of you guys having all this cool stuff that I won't allow myself to have because I will feel guilty having it. With "defensive based" guns I can justify it to myself and the wifey (she cares to a point about what I have, but usually just says if the bills are paid shes good with my stuff).

This is me as well. I can't seem to make myself splurge on a really nice gun that doesn't match what I'm carrying, etc. On the other hand, I seem to have this compulsion to stack the same make/model as my carry gun like 3 deep, and to have a bunch of mags for everything. I have calmed down on the need to put night sights on every one of them, as that gets really expensive quick for tritium to start counting down it's half life in my safe.

Between just the way I am and having the kids in college as discussed earlier, and someone else in the family always seeming to throw a new "need" curve at me daily, I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Yeah, if my wife read that she would ask where her damn pool is...

Ha, mine as well. My wife keeps asking for a "lazy river" to be put in the back yard.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I'll have to look this up. What all does it sync? I currently use Firefox browser for all my personal browsing and have a FireFox sync account that syncs bookmarks, etc between all devices where I have FireFox installed (including my phone, etc). Works pretty well. I also use OneDrive for a lot of my documents and sync them down to some machines (not all as there are still some things I don't trust to the cloud).

Nice to hear this!

This is me as well. I can't seem to make myself splurge on a really nice gun that doesn't match what I'm carrying, etc. On the other hand, I seem to have this compulsion to stack the same make/model as my carry gun like 3 deep, and to have a bunch of mags for everything. I have calmed down on the need to put night sights on every one of them, as that gets really expensive quick for tritium to start counting down it's half life in my safe.

Between just the way I am and having the kids in college as discussed earlier, and someone else in the family always seeming to throw a new "need" curve at me daily, I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Ha, mine as well. My wife keeps asking for a "lazy river" to be put in the back yard.

To avoid the cost of sights, I've been painting the front orange and blacking out the rears, which is what I want for sights anyways, I really don't care that much about having night sights. I love the front sight being bright orange or bright green.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The issue I've always had when I look in the safe and see stuff I don't use often because it's too nice, isn't something I train with or is too expensive to shoot......I see that as money that could be put towards stuff I will run regularly.

Believe me when I say this, I'd love to have a Shadow 2 right now. But, I know it will drive me nuts knowing I have a $1200 gun sitting in the safe that I won't carry and won't shoot that often. I could shoot it often, but that takes away ammo and range time from my carry guns. Why practice a lot with something I won't carry ever, seems counter productive to me. Am I just coming off as loony here? I'm so envious of you guys having all this cool stuff that I won't allow myself to have because I will feel guilty having it. With "defensive based" guns I can justify it to myself and the wifey (she cares to a point about what I have, but usually just says if the bills are paid shes good with my stuff).

I'm somewhat the same, but not to the same extent. I look in the safe and see the defensive gun and it's clone, plus a couple of backup options if needed (my old Shield is a good stash gun for the couch and I have an LCP 2 in case I'm carrying where I absolutely don't want anyone to know it) and some strictly range guns. I don't mind having guns that don't get shot a lot, they are "special" guns that are only brought out to show someone what can be achieved. I will say that I did end up selling my Legion. I was really tight for money, my buddy really wanted it and I was moving away from carrying a gun with a manual safety, so it just worked out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Glad to see BA got to have some gunpowder therapy as well as some others here. The weekend and start of my week hasnt went as planned. Looking forward to some myself soon though.

I used to carry some higher end pistols daily. Back when I did I seemed to worry more about scratching them or holster wear or sweat damage, ect, than just forgetting about it and using it as the tool it is.
    With the types of guns I've carried mostly say the last 12 or so years o dont have to worry about anything besides regular maintenance and shooting it. Kinda nice. If I had to use it to break open a window of a car or house or something I wouldnt think twice.
    The pistols or rifles I have a lot of money into as collector or shooting grade guns, I have a few of. I used to have more but I've started to sell or trade them off over the last 8 years or so in order to get functional tools that I enjoy shooting but that I can depend my life on but if they need thrown around or get a scratch I don't care.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    To avoid the cost of sights, I've been painting the front orange and blacking out the rears, which is what I want for sights anyways, I really don't care that much about having night sights. I love the front sight being bright orange or bright green.

Yep, I definitely like the orange. Trijicon HD's or the Ameriglo Spartan Tactical's are my favorite.

For my Advantage Arms conversion kit slide I was able to put a set on that had a dead front tritium vial, but had the orange dot and the blacked out rear and works nicely to mimic carry setup (and was cheap). I may have to take your tactic and paint the dot on the front sight of my M&P Compact 22 to mimic the carry setup as well.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In other news I'm about ready to take a CZ to my bottled water dispenser. I'm trying to take the damn thing apart so that I can deep clean it where the jugs of water plug into it on top and then the water goes into internal tanks and is either cooled or heated or room temp for your drinking pleasure. Well mold and bad stuff can form if you dont clean things like these inside so thats what I've been attempting to do. The only good thing that's come of this is one YouTube video I've found of some housewife wearing some revealing clothing with a banging body doing hers. I love YouTube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom