Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, that stinks on multiple levels. I'll assume by your post that she is physically OK?

On a side note, if it was her fault that will give you years and years of being able to say, "Yea, but at least I didn't wreck the car".

Yep, she was fine and yep, it was her fault. Oh well, stuff happens. Just not fun paying for it.

That sucks WT, hopefully your insurance will be all kinds of helpful, you know, like on the commercials. I hate this for you.

Thanks. So far so good. It was down in Bedford and the place it was towed to seems like they'll take care of us. Here's hoping.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Well poo, the wife wrecked her car today. Looks like I might be selling something to make up our deductible... :(

I haven't shot USPSA, but I did shoot IDPA which was a lot of fun. I hear that you use more ammo shooting USPSA, so it should be a lot of fun. I know at IPDA there were always new shooters and everyone was great getting everyone up to speed with the courses and rules and such. I say go for it... :yesway:

Damn it, man. Sorry to hear that. I am willing to take that SAO compact off your hands if that helps. :drool:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Damn it, man. Sorry to hear that. I am willing to take that SAO compact off your hands if that helps. :drool:

While I thank you kindly for your generous offer, I will have to decline. I'm going to drop the price on my nickel plated Sig P229 and possibly put the other one up for sale as well. I find that I don't shoot the Sigs much, even though I like them... :dunno:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    While I thank you kindly for your generous offer, I will have to decline. I'm going to drop the price on my nickel plated Sig P229 and possibly put the other one up for sale as well. I find that I don't shoot the Sigs much, even though I like them... :dunno:

I used to shoot Sigs a lot, but not so much anymore. Hopefully your insurance will surprise you and you won't have to part with anything.

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Well poo, the wife wrecked her car today. Looks like I might be selling something to make up our deductible... :(

I feel your pain. I'm restoring an old Blazer for my son and found some seats that'll work perfect but slightly out of our price range. Gonna have to sell the P09 that I bought and never had a chance to shoot. Guess I'm too poor to be in the cz club.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The picture of CM's computer is making you IT guys cringe, isn't it?

Well, it is almost 10 years old...:):

And this whole Mod thing is hard on the keys. The spouse sits pretty close to where I sit and sometimes she says...."Are you moderating" and I ask how she knows.
    She just reply's "Jackhammer"

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks good CM.

Apparently, 128,000 posts takes a toll on a keyboard. :)

My typing style does that. I am the "Jack Hammer" style.

The picture of CM's computer is making you IT guys cringe, isn't it?

Well, it is almost 10 years old...:):

And this whole Mod thing is hard on the keys. The spouse sits pretty close to where I sit and sometimes she says...."Are you moderating" and I ask how she knows.
    She just reply's "Jackhammer"

I have several that are much newer than that and I consistently beat the paint off the "A" and the "S" key. When people at work ask me about it, I always say I work with a bunch of asses and therefore I wear those keys out the quickest.

I was a system admin in a past life and learned to type (2 fingered, but now use like 3 fingers plus a thumb between 2 hands, though I can type fairly quickly) on the old keyboards with plenty of spring in them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not fun, but could have been much worse. We can always make more money.

I have been on the receiving end of two hit and runs in the past 8 months. Made me really question my faith in humanity.

Very true. Just a few different things hitting at once that I'm feeling the pinch. No big deal, might have to clean out the safe a bit, but I'll keep what is most important, so it's all good.

Really sorry to hear about the car WTB. That does suck but at least she's ok.

Thanks and yes, at least the wife is fine ;)

I feel your pain. I'm restoring an old Blazer for my son and found some seats that'll work perfect but slightly out of our price range. Gonna have to sell the P09 that I bought and never had a chance to shoot. Guess I'm too poor to be in the cz club.

It's nice to have enough in the safe that I can part with a couple when I really need to. Somewhere down the line I'll be more financially stable. No really...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have several that are much newer than that and I consistently beat the paint off the "A" and the "S" key. When people at work ask me about it, I always say I work with a bunch of asses and therefore I wear those keys out the quickest.

I was a system admin in a past life and learned to type (2 fingered, but now use like 3 fingers plus a thumb between 2 hands, though I can type fairly quickly) on the old keyboards with plenty of spring in them.

Thats me all the way. Thumb on the space bar and 2 fingers into the fray.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

I worked as a network admin for a company in Indy and the database admin had worn off almost all the letters on his keyboard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom