Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wonder why CZ did some actual marked CZ 75 compacts with a rail, the they also have the P01 with a rail? Unless the railed compacts were the calm before the p01 storm? Of coarse since I've started looking I've seen so much weird CZ **** who knows lol

They use different roll marks and naming conventions for different markets. Any excess inventory is shipped and sold in the good ole USA.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm still fighting myself over this stupid Rami. I want it but I have a half dozen guns I haven't shot yet. I'm supposed to be saving up for 10mm AR too. I know that if I'm within 10 miles of that place in the next week my willpower will be overruled by my impulse.

1. Been doing research on the Rami myself.
    2. Is it a possible replacement for the Shield? Better choice than the Sig 365 (was very accurate for me).
    3. I read where people were deciding between it and the Glock 43 (not like it when I tried it).
    4. Input and decisions were all over the place, with more for the Glock 43 than the Rami b/c of size and weight.
    5. Don't remember details about the comparison between the Rami and the Shield 9 or Sig 365, but similar.
    6. Rami: it seems to be a love it or hate it polarity. 28.6 oz. with full mag (why even give weight w/o it full?) plus about a 1/2" greater length and height: deal breaker since the Glock has a 3/4" greater sight radius.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. Been doing research on the Rami myself.
    2. Is it a possible replacement for the Shield? Better choice than the Sig 365 (was very accurate for me).
    3. I read where people were deciding between it and the Glock 43 (not like it when I tried it).
    4. Input and decisions were all over the place, with more for the Glock 43 than the Rami b/c of size and weight.
    5. Don't remember details about the comparison between the Rami and the Shield 9 or Sig 365, but similar.
    6. Rami: it seems to be a love it or hate it polarity. 28.6 oz. with full mag (why even give weight w/o it full?) plus about a 1/2" greater length and height: deal breaker since the Glock has a 3/4" greater sight radius.

1. Like many (most) things CZ, the RAMI is an acquired taste. It is heavier and bigger than most sub-compacts.
    2. If you use the optional 14rnd magazine with the RAMI it prints (is more difficult to conceal) a lot.
    3. The stock trigger on a RAMI will not blow your skirt up.
    4. As always, these equations change when Cajunized.
    5. For a person, and there are many, who don't want to add additional money to a purchased gun, the Shield is probably the best available choice for your purposes.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Sometimes I wish I knew how many and how much I have lost. But with an eye on what sanity I have remaining I realize that would be a very bad thing.

Probably a good thing not to put too much thought into that. Definitely not a hobby to make money at. The return on investment is measured in smiles, not dollars.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Well guys, I have decided to put the RAMI BD up for sale. I would like to keep it in the group so I will not list it in the classifieds. The history of the gun is as follows, originally purchased by Barry J. He had the pro kit installed by the Wizard and Allen M. did the color change. CM then acquired it in a trade and then sold to me. PM me for any pictures and price. Will include 3 mags and a custom IWB leather holster.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well guys, I have decided to put the RAMI BD up for sale. I would like to keep it in the group so I will not list it in the classifieds. The history of the gun is as follows, originally purchased by Barry J. He had the pro kit installed by the Wizard and Allen M. did the color change. CM then acquired it in a trade and then sold to me. PM me for any pictures and price. Will include 3 mags and a custom IWB leather holster.

Wow.....complete with History.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Probably a good thing not to put too much thought into that. Definitely not a hobby to make money at. The return on investment is measured in smiles, not dollars.

Absolutely. I consider myself a wealthy man in terms of friends made and smiles received.

The thought of how many are out there and how far they have probably ranged by now is really cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom