Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can always rewind it and replay it, at least until Alzheimer's gets us all. But then we won't know we have it.

Glad you had had a great weekend, I've been to the museum, but the air show is on my bucket list.

A long time friend was an air traffic controller that handled a lot of the traffic at that base. He knew everyone over there. I drove over to see him and he drug me out there. We got to go into some really cool areas not open to the general public. How freaking cool.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well said TT. A light trigger will show you who follows the four rules. I've never had anybody touch off a live round yet, but I've heard the hammer drop on an empty gun numerous times, before they were on target. I tell them to check the trigger out on this one before I hand them one of my guns that has been worked over, I'll never let somebody shoot it without dry firing first.

I love my light triggers, but, they aren't for everyone.

Everybody have a good Sunday?

Just a relax day. So yep, good Sunday. I havent shot my new CZ sp01 tactical grey with threaded barrel yet but I will this week.

That's a good idea on letting them try it first before the range. I always wonder what triggers are gonna feel like too. Very few have ever truly surprised me but it was probably one of CM's 1911's once and I think a CZ that belonged to BA.
    Kjq has some that I like to shoot fast ;)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A long time friend was an air traffic controller that handled a lot of the traffic at that base. He knew everyone over there. I drove over to see him and he drug me out there. We got to go into some really cool areas not open to the general public. How freaking cool.
    It's a very cool place, and not far from home. It's a must see!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Being an Air Force vet, I've been to the museum in Dayton, OH many times. We even took our daughters once, when they were old enough to appreciate it.

I saw (on I70 heading west) a big billboard advertising an Air Show in Terre Haute in August ...... they even have the Blue Angels headlining. I might have to go.

Lazy weekend here .... and glad it was that way ! :D

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Being an Air Force vet, I've been to the museum in Dayton, OH many times. We even took our daughters once, when they were old enough to appreciate it.

I saw (on I70 heading west) a big billboard advertising an Air Show in Terre Haute in August ...... they even have the Blue Angels headlining. I might have to go.

Lazy weekend here .... and glad it was that way ! :D

I think they may be starting up the shows at Grissom again. Don't know any dates, but they were discussing it during my visit. We always went when I was kid. Made me want to be a pilot when I was kid. A path I still wish I had gone down sometimes.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I see online that some people change out the recoil spring, but I'm seeing different thoughts on changing out the stock spring. I've read that a lighter spring can make the barrel not come back down all the way for a follow-up shot. What say you all?

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    And all this RAMI talk has me wondering if I should add one to the family. Then I open the safe I realize there is no room at the inn.

You know that you want one ..... just buy another safe ! :D

Just look at the sweet beauty known as the RAMI ! In this photo, it was just hatched. (Today, I ordered one of the IWB holsters from the maker that Birds provided a link )

i-QFPSKCq-L.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    You know that you want one ..... just buy another safe ! :D

Just look at the sweet beauty known as the RAMI ! In this photo, it was just hatched. (Today, I ordered one of the IWB holsters from the maker that Birds provided a link )

i-QFPSKCq-L.jpg

They are nice guns. And they're so small they almost take up no room at all.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Great weekend.

Had a good time at the wedding last night. Spent some really good quality time with family.

Today I knocked about 4 or 5 things off my house repairs list. Bought some new patio furniture yesterday and replaced all the interior bulbs with LED as well. The house is coming along nicely. We have a concrete repair to the garage floor in one month that is being paid by the seller ($5,100) and after that I will be insulating and finishing the garage and adding a 220 outlet for my air compressor. Already have LED shop lights in place and plan on building myself a very long workbench that will be built like a brick s***house. I wanna be able to clean a bunch of guns all at once on it and have plenty of room to do so. Good lighting and plenty of workspace is the name of the game.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It was a nice summer weekend here. Fixed the exhaust rattle on my truck, washed the wife's car for her and did a bunch of the typical weekend running around. Stopped by CM's compound this afternoon to pick up a bit of 9mm ammo and did a couple of Fiat drives in each of the Spiders today. It was a nice summer weekend with great weather making it all the better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was a nice summer weekend here. Fixed the exhaust rattle on my truck, washed the wife's car for her and did a bunch of the typical weekend running around. Stopped by CM's compound this afternoon to pick up a bit of 9mm ammo and did a couple of Fiat drives in each of the Spiders today. It was a nice summer weekend with great weather making it all the better.

Good to see you again. Sorry I did not have more time to just sit down and chew the fat.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Great weekend.

Had a good time at the wedding last night. Spent some really good quality time with family.

Today I knocked about 4 or 5 things off my house repairs list. Bought some new patio furniture yesterday and replaced all the interior bulbs with LED as well. The house is coming along nicely. We have a concrete repair to the garage floor in one month that is being paid by the seller ($5,100) and after that I will be insulating and finishing the garage and adding a 220 outlet for my air compressor. Already have LED shop lights in place and plan on building myself a very long workbench that will be built like a brick s***house. I wanna be able to clean a bunch of guns all at once on it and have plenty of room to do so. Good lighting and plenty of workspace is the name of the game.

You know it ! :yesway:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Visited dad at the nursing home, got in a few miles in the woods mountain biking and finished up two new target stands.

I need to put the Shadow 2 back together and load up for tomorrow's HHRP Monday night steel match. Got the feeling that may wait until the morning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom