Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Not fun training with a sbr. Not for me. Too obnoxious for a whole class for you and people beside you unless you suppress it and then you have the extra weight and basicly the same length of the full size anyways.
    I've had to train with shorties so maybe thats just why I'm bitter is now I have freedom of choice? :):
    I'm with you on that. My 10" is obnoxious if it's not suppressed.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I grew up in a house that was built in the mid to late 1800s. It had a coal chute, but was changed over to oil, and later gas. It did not have air conditioning. The house was the first house built on that side of the river, and later the town grew up around it. We had a barn in the middle of town. Luckily this was a state further north, so the summers didn't get that hot. One of the first times we had weather above 90 when I was a kid my grandparents made me sit on a block of ice for a picture for Grandma's article on keeping cool during the heatwave. Grandma owned, edited and wrote for the local newspaper.

My brother went to Great Lakes for basic, but it was during spring/summer. Years later he went back to Great Lakes as an instructor. He moved from Great Lakes to Pearl in February. His wife & kids finished off the school year in Northern Illinois.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thats why I really love running mine...:):

And the ones with the custom brakes....:laugh:
    I could tell the other day in the 10mm talk. I just cant understand the appeal of the 10mm or the big S&W 500 and stuff anymore. I used to love all of that big bang and fireball stuff but now I just think of how much its gonna hurt my body with every trigger pull. That's why I sold all of my AK's except 3. 1 is my kids. 1 is going to be sold but it's worth $5k so I have to selectively sell it, and anotherone will never be sold.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Damn you and your custom brakes!

Those things will clear a shooting bench real quick!

I have a couple buddies who run SBR's with custom brakes. I told them I'm done shooting with them if they're bringing those to the range. Outdoors is fine, but indoors, not so much, unless I'm several lanes away.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have a couple buddies who run SBR's with custom brakes. I told them I'm done shooting with them if they're bringing those to the range. Outdoors is fine, but indoors, not so much, unless I'm several lanes away.

The older I get, the more I love supprssors. I've got to preserve what little hearing I have left.:laugh:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Picked up another project today. Because I need more, I guess.

RKPtEbc.jpg
    [/IMG]
    hR9XJUH.jpg
    [/IMG]

Looks like a winner!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Not fun training with a sbr. Not for me. Too obnoxious for a whole class for you and people beside you unless you suppress it and then you have the extra weight and basicly the same length of the full size anyways.
    I've had to train with shorties so maybe thats just why I'm bitter is now I have freedom of choice? :):

Edit: sorry I shouldnt have been debbie downer. I'm happy for you that you get to do some training

I did not think about this for some reason. I remember a guy running one before and it was loud. I have a KAK flash can in it, but maybe I should reconsider.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom