The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Congrats. I didn't realize that kit didn't include the race hammer.
    Good morning gang. BA - you're right, the ultra-lite kit is what I kind of consider the least-common denominator for CGW upgrades. This is what it includes:

CGW ultra-lite kit.JPG

I went with the blue hammer spring vs. the black as it sets off all primers I've used it with in the boy's 75 Compact so far. It also has the extended firing pin + reduced power spring, new roll pin, and reduced power firing pin block spring. The only thing it doesn't have that I'll address separately when the time comes is the floating trigger pin and upgraded trigger return spring.

For $49 + shipping + about half an hour of installation time, this kit is a no-brainer IMHO.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good morning gang. BA - you're right, the ultra-lite kit is what I kind of consider the least-common denominator for CGW upgrades. This is what it includes:

View attachment 64562

I went with the blue hammer spring vs. the black as it sets off all primers I've used it with in the boy's 75 Compact so far. It also has the extended firing pin + reduced power spring, new roll pin, and reduced power firing pin block spring. The only thing it doesn't have that I'll address separately when the time comes is the floating trigger pin and upgraded trigger return spring.

For $49 + shipping + about half an hour of installation time, this kit is a no-brainer IMHO.
    Cool.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

View attachment 64562

This is all that I have installed in my Compact Franken CZ. I have modified the stock hammer by reducing the hammer hook height from .040 to .009 to give it the same break as a CGW race hammer. It has a SA of 2.8 lbs. and DA at 5.8 lbs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ugh...I had to replace a flapper in a Kohler toilet - ended up having to order it online as none in stock would fit. Things used to be so simple...

Oh man, don't even get me started. Picked up a toilet for my master bath a few years ago that I had to get rid of, because the internals were not like any other and they phased them out. Even with more "common" models it's not as simple as it used to be... :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is all that I have installed in my Compact Franken CZ. I have modified the stock hammer by reducing the hammer hook height from .040 to .009 to give it the same break as a CGW race hammer. It has a SA of 2.8 lbs. and DA at 5.8 lbs.
    I really want to explore hammer mods. I've cut a couple down but have not taken them far enough to be happy with the results

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nice! While the ultra-lite kit doesn't result in what you did for the P-01 (and many others on here) with a full-on massage, it still provides outstanding improvements over the stock setup. And really interesting what you did to slightly alter the geometry on the stock hammer hook. That's pretty ingenious.

All this talk about parts, plus MM and ChrisK talking about their RAMIs, has me seriously thinking this morning about trading out my P30SK for a RAMI. I'll have to do some investigating when we get back from church, but I don't think weight/size will be much different with the chunky RAMI vs. the overbuilt HK.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Here's my small CZ family. That damned H&K had to join the group.:) Maybe it identifies as a CZ :dunno:

The P09 has been cajunized by the wizard. :D

Pi3Hxfz.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Although the RAMI is somewhat chunky, and the PCR felt a bit better in my hand .... what I appreciated about the RAMI was the versatility.
    As I mentioned, I have a couple of PCR sized pistols. The Sig 229 comes to mind, and is already a massive favorite of mine.

Versatility !

*(set-up for taking the grandkids to a movie matinee in Carmel)

i-Zh9MbGX-L.jpg

*(set-up for going to W. Washington St. in Indianapolis at midnight ) :D

i-D6fLvtM-L.jpg

Of course, some time down the road, I still might have to purchase a PCR .... just because ! ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Although the RAMI is somewhat chunky, and the PCR felt a bit better in my hand .... what I appreciated about the RAMI was the versatility.
    As I mentioned, I have a couple of PCR sized pistols. The Sig 229 comes to mind, and is already a massive favorite of mine.

Versatility !

*(set-up for taking the grandkids to a movie matinee in Carmel)

i-Zh9MbGX-L.jpg

*(set-up for going to W. Washington St. in Indianapolis at midnight ) :D

i-D6fLvtM-L.jpg

Of course, some time down the road, I still might have to purchase a PCR .... just because ! ;)
    That's a great setup and I do see the versatility of the Rami over the larger P01 or CPR platforms

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom