The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't see those kind of sights anymore...

Nothing a trip to AllenM and a set of FO's won't fix. I hesitate to meet the guy though as it will lead me to say something like "Could you build me a comp'd 10 mm just like me hero CM's but different?".

Ok, I'm not picking up on the part of that that's bad. :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am stopping by Allen's this morning. I could let him know to look for you.
    He has a seriously sweet 10mm Commander he just finished. I have a :drool: going over it.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Well crap!

Was ready to head for the range before it got too hot when I got a call from the bank to tell me they were going to have someone call me to straighten out my online access to my accounts that their system upgrade screwed up 3 weeks ago.

So now i'm sitting at home waiting for a call that may not even happen today. :wallbash:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well crap!

Was ready to head for the range before it got too hot when I got a call from the bank to tell me they were going to have someone call me to straighten out my online access to my accounts that their system upgrade screwed up 3 weeks ago.

So now i'm sitting at home waiting for a call that may not even happen today. :wallbash:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad to hear that BA and the Wizard got in some range time. :yesway:

I had an hour session at Point Blank yesterday. Yup, as mentioned, you can still smell the aftereffects of the fire.
    Still, it was nice to go back ... I haven't been since I fell out of the attic.
    Shot about 150 rounds total .... both 9mm, and .40 S&W.

Later, when I get on my main computer, I'm going to throw out a question about drifting the rear sights of both the pistols that I shot yesterday. I bet that one of you geniuses knows a formula to send me in the right direction.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Glad to hear that BA and the Wizard got in some range time. :yesway:

I had an hour session at Point Blank yesterday. Yup, as mentioned, you can still smell the aftereffects of the fire.
    Still, it was nice to go back ... I haven't been since I fell out of the attic.
    Shot about 150 rounds total .... both 9mm, and .40 S&W.

Later, when I get on my main computer, I'm going to throw out a question about drifting the rear sights of both the pistols that I shot yesterday. I bet that one of you geniuses knows a formula to send me in the right direction.

1st step.....trial
    2nd step....error
    3rd step....trial again.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm really jonesing to do a project. Taking what to most people would be a gun they would never consider investing in and transforming it into a masterpiece both in form and function is about the most fun you can have with your pants on. Not that anyone here actually has their pants on. Anyway, I've found a likely victim, er, candidate. I haven't looked at GB more than two or three times all of this year but I was particularly bored this afternoon and wham! This sucks.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Unicorn #2 has made it into my stash (behind the PCR a few months ago)! Mcapo, you called this one. Time to order an ultra-lite kit before I run out of daylight.

qkGv6DD.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Unicorn #2 has made it into my stash (behind the PCR a few months ago)! Mcapo, you called this one. Time to order an ultra-lite kit before I run out of daylight.

qkGv6DD.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations ! Although it's a chunky monkey, I love my RAMI too. :yesway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

qkGv6DD.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Awesome! And they better not have had two and you’re holding out on me!

So do we get to look forward to a full report and comparison of the Rami versus the 3” 1911?

CM - I was going to say yes, put in a word for me with Allen but I walked into my LGS to pick up my CS 40 and he had bought a little revolver five minutes before I walked in and I ended up purchasing it. So much for re-supply the gun fund....

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

Life's too short to put up with a crappy trigger. Birds Away

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

So do we get to look forward to a full report and comparison of the Rami versus the 3” 1911?

CM - I was going to say yes, put in a word for me with Allen but I walked into my LGS to pick up my CS 40 and he had bought a little revolver five minutes before I walked in and I ended up purchasing it. So much for re-supply the gun fund....

Well he does have that Commander I have man wood over.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. Unwelcome visual there.

Where is that thread with all the woman and guns. Gotta overwrite.

I should probably drop him a PM and ask about it. Sigh....

Prepare yourself...just saying.
    If I had the funds it would be mine. Having built the legacy series, 2 full customs all since the 1st of the year I am tapped out inn the #gunfunfund.
    Throw in some ridiculous medical bills..............:faint:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That's beautiful. Good things come in small packages.

Congratulations ! Although it's a chunky monkey, I love my RAMI too. :yesway:

Thank you guys. This was a private sale I quite honestly lucked into, so no second unicorn in the barn I'm afraid. I'm a Happy Hopster going into the holiday weekend. Just need to get through the next 60+ minutes! Mcapo - you bet - once I get the recently ordered CGW ultra-lite kit installed, I'll do a comparison. In doing some test-carry around the house with a holster that fits the RAMI perfectly, I must say that even though it's a chunk (as MM noted), its shorter dimensions make it carry quite nicely. So long as I have my big-boy pants on, as the SR1911 Officer is definitely slimmer and easier to tuck AIWB. I really like the Ruger Officer, it's going to be tough to beat on just about every front. Thankfully we live where we do, and have options I'm very thankful for.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thank you guys. This was a private sale I quite honestly lucked into, so no second unicorn in the barn I'm afraid. I'm a Happy Hopster going into the holiday weekend. Just need to get through the next 60+ minutes! Mcapo - you bet - once I get the recently ordered CGW ultra-lite kit installed, I'll do a comparison. In doing some test-carry around the house with a holster that fits the RAMI perfectly, I must say that even though it's a chunk (as MM noted), its shorter dimensions make it carry quite nicely. So long as I have my big-boy pants on, as the SR1911 Officer is definitely slimmer and easier to tuck AIWB. I really like the Ruger Officer, it's going to be tough to beat on just about every front. Thankfully we live where we do, and have options I'm very thankful for.

60 minutes? that’s nothing I’ve got a 90 minute drive to the Wizard.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I'm really jonesing to do a project. Taking what to most people would be a gun they would never consider investing in and transforming it into a masterpiece both in form and function is about the most fun you can have with your pants on. Not that anyone here actually has their pants on. Anyway, I've found a likely victim, er, candidate. I haven't looked at GB more than two or three times all of this year but I was particularly bored this afternoon and wham! This sucks.

What did you find ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom