The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry to hear that MM. I can't go either, which has me sad. My wife's car has some issues right now, so she's driving mine to work. Add that I have a showing for my cousin's son tomorrow and it prevents me from even catching a ride with someone. Oh well, there'll always be another one. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Sounds like a plan, though it's tough buying ammo when the cash runs out... :(

WT, if the showing falls through, I'm like the GPT Uber driver. I'll be rolling about 9am, and you are more than welcome to ride.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    WT, if the showing falls through, I'm like the GPT Uber driver. I'll be rolling about 9am, and you are more than welcome to ride.

Yes, you are ! :bowdown: And your kindness most likely saved my bacon during the great SnowShoot of Spring 2018 ! Other vehicles were sliding and crashing, but your capable machine cruised right through the mess.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, you are ! :bowdown: And your kindness most likely saved my bacon during the great SnowShoot of Spring 2018 ! Other vehicles were sliding and crashing, but your capable machine cruised right through the mess.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these rounds from the swift completion of their appointed targets"

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I really appreciate that, but cannot take you up on your kind offer. The showing or "celebration of life" for my cousin's son who died last week starts at 2pm, but my Dad is coming to pick me up around 1:00. It's supposed to be 4 hours, but Dad and I are hoping to duck out after a couple. I'd love to go, but this family event comes first. I'm hoping you guys take some good pictures so I can live vicariously though you ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At least I was able to have a nice breakfast and short range trip with 88. Ran 150 rounds through the CZ P10c, number 2, which now has 450 trouble free rounds through it (around 350 since I installed the HBI trigger). It now has about the same amount of rounds through it as the first P10 that I picked up from Kyle. The only thing I need to do is get night sights on number 2 and it's ready for carry. So far I'm very happy with this model of gun :yesway:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Did a little range time this morning. Had to sight in the Noveske due to a new optic installation (Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8) Glad I only had to go out the back door to the range...:cool:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What did you carry before the P10c?

Been all over the map trying to find what was right for me. Started with a G19, went to a Shield 9mm that I carried for a long time. Carried a full size 1911 for a while, then went to carrying a Dan Wesson CCO. Then carried a P226 Legion SAO and for a short while a G23. Now I'm settling in with the P10c and enjoying it

Did a little range time this morning. Had to sight in the Noveske due to a new optic installation (Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8) Glad I only had to go out the back door to the range...:cool:

:thumbsup:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Been all over the map trying to find what was right for me. Started with a G19, went to a Shield 9mm that I carried for a long time. Carried a full size 1911 for a while, then went to carrying a Dan Wesson CCO. Then carried a P226 Legion SAO and for a short while a G23. Now I'm settling in with the P10c and enjoying it

:thumbsup:

I knew you were a fan of the P10c. Didn't know if you had always been a striker fired guy or if this was a big change for you. Glad you found what fit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I knew you were a fan of the P10c. Didn't know if you had always been a striker fired guy or if this was a big change for you. Glad you found what fit.

Thanks. I'm shooting mostly that gun (well, guns since I have two of them) right now, trying to get as used to the platform as possible. I have 2 - 3 training classes coming up where I'll be using it and I carry it every chance I have to carry. I'm hoping that it will be a good fit and that I stick with it. I'm happy to be able to say my EDC is a CZ. I just heard that Sig is releasing a P229 Legion SAO, so that might tempt me back that way. I guess we'll see... :):

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Thanks. I'm shooting mostly that gun (well, guns since I have two of them) right now, trying to get as used to the platform as possible. I have 2 - 3 training classes coming up where I'll be using it and I carry it every chance I have to carry. I'm hoping that it will be a good fit and that I stick with it. I'm happy to be able to say my EDC is a CZ. I just heard that Sig is releasing a P229 Legion SAO, so that might tempt me back that way. I guess we'll see... :):

It's always a journey. I have carried Glocks and 1911s mostly. Currently carry a WC Stealth, or a Shield if I don't dress to carry the Stealth. But when I go to the range it is almost always 1911s and CZs.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I keep thinking that I've found "the one", but then I discover another "one". :D

For conceal carry, I mainly go with the Sig 229 in .357 Sig, or my new beloved CZ RAMI 2075. But if I'm in the woods on or around my Owen county getaway property (where I always open-carry), then I'm likely to be carrying a G***k, because if i smash the grip into a tree ..... who cares ! :):

There was no way I could have gone to the big shoot today. It was an event to go to the mailbox ! Just been hanging out in my PJ's, drinking seven-up and taking lots of meds. I rarely get a cold or the flu, but the timing was terrible this time. I wanted to feel the big fifty push into my shoulder, and make the ground tremble. Ah well .... live to shoot another day, I suppose.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Vitamin C is your friend. When I go to the woods, I always have a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 on my hip. It was my high school graduation gift from my father.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Vitamin C is your friend. When I go to the woods, I always have a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 on my hip. It was my high school graduation gift from my father.

That's both an appropriate caliber, and weapon for the woods .... and it's nice that it has history behind it ! :yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    John Wayne should have been the President of the United States. I love the Duke.
    I have a special knife in my collection to honor him.

i-kfDNKXm-XL.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What did you carry before the P10c?

For me, I was carrying a combo of P01 and P07 mostly. Before that, it was a CCO. Like MM, I've often found 'the one' only to find a new 'one' a couple of months later. But, I'm setting on a bunch now that I think might last a while. I'll never be able to settle on only one pistol so I like to carry G23s, G30s and P10Cs with a smattering of P01 and 1911 carry from time to time. The P10C will be the main carry pistol for the next 6 months and then as colder weather sets in, I'll go back to the G23 and G30.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom