The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I sometimes think a few folks want to show off the hardware. You know, like a car show.......:dunno:

Sadly, there is a lot of that mindset at events like this. It's less a method of showing support for 2A and more a chance to show off your latest mall ninja build AR with quad lasers and dual bayonets. Add in a bit of camoflage and the world will finally get to see just how badass you really are.

I came to Indiana from California and my little sister still lives out there. She's a shooter too and every time I hear of the crap she has to go through to be able to exercise her right, it makes me wonderfully happy to live in Indiana. Liberal states know no end to finding ways to harass those that don't toe the line. I heard yesterday that New Jersey has instituted a departure tax. If you sell your house and move out of state, 2.5% of the value of the house goes back to the state.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sadly, there is a lot of that mindset at events like this. It's less a method of showing support for 2A and more a chance to show off your latest mall ninja build AR with quad lasers and dual bayonets. Add in a bit of camoflage and the world will finally get to see just how badass you really are.

I came to Indiana from California and my little sister still lives out there. She's a shooter too and every time I hear of the crap she has to go through to be able to exercise her right, it makes me wonderfully happy to live in Indiana. Liberal states know no end to finding ways to harass those that don't toe the line. I heard yesterday that New Jersey has instituted a departure tax. If you sell your house and move out of state, 2.5% of the value of the house goes back to the state.

That is wrong on so many levels. Yet the electorate there just keeps putting those **** bags in office.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Looks like a 50% chance of rain in the Fort Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, that’ll keep some of the tacti-cool people home.

Would be great to see a polite, peaceful gathering.

I’ll be at my grandkids baseball practice....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like a 50% chance of rain in the Fort Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, that’ll keep some of the tacti-cool people home.

I will be completing projects around here. I need to get them done before the spouse goes back to the hospital. We have 3 appointments next week. 1st 2 are tests. Last one is the meeting with the transplant team. We are getting very near.

And with all the stress/strife/idiocy out inn the world labeling us killers etc my patience with snowflakes and no knowledge soccer moms is in the negative. I can have reasonable discussions about this all day long until the name calling starts. That is when my "Reach out and choke someone" Response kicks in. I would be of no real help here.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a guy who works for me that says he and his buddy are going to one of the rallies, with their ARs. He doesn't get it and is so thick-headed that no amount of explanation will have any impact. :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a guy who works for me that says he and his buddy are going to one of the rallies, with their ARs. He doesn't get it and is so thick-headed that no amount of explanation will have any impact. :(

Remember the damage done by the show off tactical dumbasses when Star Bucks let people open carry. It seemed like way to many dip****s came out of the closets and made total fools of themselves and cast the rest of us in a terrible light.

Another reason I should stay away from these gatherings. I would have no kind words for these people.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I wish that the mall ninjas would stay home..... but they won't.
    An event that could be beneficial will turn into one that's not.

Best wishes for your wife, CM. I hope that next week's appointments go smoothly for both of you.

Today's the day ! I'm going to start working on the income taxes.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana

Hopefully but I will be there either way. Reading some of the Facebook posts I think many are coming ready for WWIII. I don't know how that makes anyone approachable to bring the other side to our camp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully but I will be there either way. Reading some of the Facebook posts I think many are coming ready for WWIII. I don't know how that makes anyone approachable to bring the other side to our camp.

I understand the confrontational anger in all of this. These know nothing no experience name calling idiots have done all they can to cast us in a terrible light. In this I would hope that the more intelligent among us us said intelligence and not escalate the war. Yes this is a war.

There was a video in one of the threads posted by an Ingo member that I have much respect for. He carried his AR and was confronted by an irrational soccer mom off her center. Why incite these people. The rifle is the focal point of the debate right now. Easy to say that showing it as a harmless tool on its own is beneficial. "Maybe" true. But when the event organizers ask you to leave them at home then by all means do so.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    CM- If simple people could follow simple rules, we wouldn't need Moderators.........Hope things go well on the medical front. We've been through two very successful transplants in our family.

MM- Taxes, yea....gotta finish those...

Today's general complaint of the medical system. Wife had another appointment today. They want to run some particular test. Insurance denied. $600. Doctor says; if you want to cash pay its $150. WOW!!! And some people wonder why we can't afford health insurance. So my G***k budget was just reduced by $150! G34's are expensive maybe I'll just get a 97BD and wait for my next trip to Indy for a G23!?!? (Unrelated question: Anyone know why a Gen5 trigger pull is a pound heavier than a Gen4? 4.5 lbs vs 5.5 lbs)

And again to any 2a rally attendees that may be lurking...please please leave your long guns and open carry at home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM- If simple people could follow simple rules, we wouldn't need Moderators.........Hope things go well on the medical front. We've been through two very successful transplants in our family.

MM- Taxes, yea....gotta finish those...

Today's general complaint of the medical system. Wife had another appointment today. They want to run some particular test. Insurance denied. $600. Doctor says; if you want to cash pay its $150. WOW!!! And some people wonder why we can't afford health insurance. So my G***k budget was just reduced by $150! G34's are expensive maybe I'll just get a 97BD and wait for my next trip to Indy for a G23!?!? (Unrelated question: Anyone know why a Gen5 trigger pull is a pound heavier than a Gen4? 4.5 lbs vs 5.5 lbs)

And again to any 2a rally attendees that may be lurking...please please leave your long guns and open carry at home.

I am not so much against open carry. Properly done it is to me OK. But we all have our opinions/feelings on this matter. Same as the AR.

If one does carry his Black rifle then what do you suppose any media coverage will be. It will most likely not be the well dressed/mannered folks with the ability to have open civil conversations. It will be the rifle. That will be the headline and story.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am not so much against open carry. Properly done it is to me OK. But we all have our opinions/feelings on this matter. Same as the AR.

If one does carry his Black rifle then what do you suppose any media coverage will be. It will most likely not be the well dressed/mannered folks with the ability to have open civil conversations. It will be the rifle. That will be the headline and story.

Agreed. I'm still trying to decide if I want to attend the rally this weekend. Between the various factions, the possibility of counter demonstrations/idiots trying to create confrontations and the rain, I might just leave well enough alone.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Henri and I will be going to the rally. In my humble opinion, everyone who is a firearms owner should attend the rally if possible. That being said, I don’t think we need a whole bunch of individuals carrying ARs slung over their shoulder. We have to show the general public that we are normal every day people, Not a bunch of lunatics. People don’t need to be in camo, tactical pants, just every day ordinary dress. As for you CM, Cindy is in our prayers every day. I hope everything goes extremely smoothly for her.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    We have 3 appointments next week. 1st 2 are tests. Last one is the meeting with the transplant team. We are getting very near.

CM, best of luck and prayers to you and the Mrs as you get closer to the big day. I think what can be done with transplants these days is quite fantastic. Sure hope all goes as smoothly from here on out as it can.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    CM, I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.

The arguement CameraMonkey had was very similar to what you all discussed here. Trying to make us look good, instead of looking like whackjobs. How the media will portray the rally if there is a bunch of open carry. The organizers have asked that people not open carry rifles. As the one in Indy is on the sidewalk at the statehouse, if you step to the wrong location you could run into issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom