The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Finally got to shoot a few rounds through the newest addition today. This marks the second time I've been able to shoot the SP-01 .40 and I've been pleased each time. My small family has work to do, but I love them all dearly.

11loplh.jpg

1zvrbzs.jpg

Nice!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Did a second range trip today to test a G30sf after a trigger job. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this last one. It feels really close to the P10C stock trigger now, but has a slightly higher pull weight of around 5 lbs. Slight, smooth take up then a firm wall and clean break. It is the most un-G***k trigger on a G***k I've ever felt.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Did a second range trip today to test a G30sf after a trigger job. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this last one. It feels really close to the P10C stock trigger now, but has a slightly higher pull weight of around 5 lbs. Slight, smooth take up then a firm wall and clean break. It is the most un-G***k trigger on a G***k I've ever felt.

That sounds great, since the worst thing about a G***k is the trigger ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks guys. Next time I’ll know the pantless hiway is in play!

King - Love the wood grips.

Hoosier - taxes. Yea. Mine are ugly.

88- I’m really liking my P10C. Points and shoots very naturally. Still thinking I need just one of those Austrian guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know. While the things are not the classic 1911 beauty, there is a simple brutalist appeal to them to me. Like anything, they improve with modifications though.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Had a good morning going though all of my ammo and dad's ammo stash as well. I even made a dated excel spreadsheet with a close amount of inventory.

Now it's off to shoot clays with some good friends this afternoon. This cold weather can go away anytime though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to run an ammo inventory. My range ammo is pretty easy to count, as I just look in the box to see what's there, but the carry ammo is spread all over the place. Loaded mags and half boxes of carry ammo that's been retired from carry and needs to be taken to the range are all over the place. I need to figure out what needs shot up and if there are any older types to get rid of. I used to be big into Hornady Critical Defense and have a bunch of that around still. The bullets have tarnished to an almost black color and that stuff needs expended at the range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to run an ammo inventory. My range ammo is pretty easy to count, as I just look in the box to see what's there, but the carry ammo is spread all over the place. Loaded mags and half boxes of carry ammo that's been retired from carry and needs to be taken to the range are all over the place. I need to figure out what needs shot up and if there are any older types to get rid of. I used to be big into Hornady Critical Defense and have a bunch of that around still. The bullets have tarnished to an almost black color and that stuff needs expended at the range.

Sounds like another non-scientific/scientific test study.....:cool:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Ugh. I tried getting ammo stock under control but it’s not working. I’ve got hand loads from the late 80’s. Have a box of Garand clips and Carbine mags that have been loaded for a couple decades. Sigh.

Handgun ammo is well organized(ish).

and there is brass and hulls...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I try to keep ammo as simple as possible. 9mm, .45acp, and 5.56 are stocked in bulk. Defensive ammo, .308, .38 are bought as needed.
    New defensive ammo is bought, then all the old stuff is fired, that includes those half boxes left over when you get done filling all the mags.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I shoot a lot of different calibers but there are only a few that I try to maintain a stock of. Stuff like 6.5 Swede, or 7.5 Swiss can either be stocked at a very low level or just loaded as needed. I do have a bunch of 7.62x54R due to cheap spam cans a couple of years back. I also have a fair amount of 7.62x39 even though I kind of got out of AKs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ugh. I tried getting ammo stock under control but it’s not working. I’ve got hand loads from the late 80’s. Have a box of Garand clips and Carbine mags that have been loaded for a couple decades. Sigh.

Handgun ammo is well organized(ish).

and there is brass and hulls...

Wow.....that is pretty deep.
    I keep it simple as possible. .22LR/9mm/10mm/.45 ACP/.223-5.56/.308/12 gauge.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I got rid of, or converted anything that didn't fall into my narrow caliber windows. It was just easier for me.
    It gets a little more complicated, with stocking 2 kinds of 9mm, 115gr, and 147gr, and 55gr and 77gr for 5.56.

Leaning towards getting an LWRC in 6.8 for hogs, but that is probably as far as I get from my plan. Ammo considerations have talked me out of buying several guns in the past. I'm a weirdo.:D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    ...Leaning towards getting an LWRC in 6.8 for hogs, but that is probably as far as I get from my plan. Ammo considerations have talked me out of buying several guns in the past. I'm a weirdo.:D

Good stuff. I just finished up a budget 458 socom AR assembly. Haven't got it to the range yet. Waiting on a couple scopes from Alan...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom