The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folks! :cheers:

Things turned out well with the dog. The bad cough that was really bothering him is an age related issue and not a matter of disease or anything else. Other than the cough, he's in remarkably good shape for an almost 17 year old dog but he did come home with meds to help with the cough. To hear him cough earlier today, you'd have thought he was on his way out but with some meds, he's doing much better.

Is anyone in our happy family of regular CZ posters here in need of a pre-B project gun? I'm letting a couple of mine go, so if interested, PM me. Otherwise, it will go up on the classes sometime this week.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm confused, why can't you bring back beer? I do every time I go up to Point and environs north. Just ask CameraMonkey, since it is usually for him. Or did you fly? Last year when I came back I had a cooler of cheese, pastries, etc, and almost a variety case of Wisconsin's finest.

Driving a commercial vehicle and having beer in the cab or even in the box if it's not on the manifest is a big no-no.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Driving a commercial vehicle and having beer in the cab or even in the box if it's not on the manifest is a big no-no.

Well that makes more sense. Bummer though.

My mom winters in Wisconsin, and this year she brought me back some cheese, and Point Root Beer. I had the last one today for lunch.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Afternoon folks! :cheers:

Things turned out well with the dog. The bad cough that was really bothering him is an age related issue and not a matter of disease or anything else. Other than the cough, he's in remarkably good shape for an almost 17 year old dog but he did come home with meds to help with the cough. To hear him cough earlier today, you'd have thought he was on his way out but with some meds, he's doing much better.

Is anyone in our happy family of regular CZ posters here in need of a pre-B project gun? I'm letting a couple of mine go, so if interested, PM me. Otherwise, it will go up on the classes sometime this week.

Good news about your pooch Tim! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Went to MCF&G today. It was a beautiful afternoon and I had 5 1911's to run in.
    All 4 of the legacy series ran perfectly sans a small last round slide lock open on Sissy's gun. Easy fix.

The custom 10mm had a serious issue going fully into battery. I took it out to Allens and he asked what ammo I was running. I told him re-loads from a friend.
    Turns out the cases were not properly re-sized and the lips were swollen. It was stopping almost into battery holding the slide off the disconnecter.
    That is it for me and reloads. Pretty disappointed.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The custom 10mm had a serious issue going fully into battery. I took it out to Allens and he asked what ammo I was running. I told him re-loads from a friend. Turns out the cases were not properly re-sized and the lips were swollen. It was stopping almost into battery holding the slide off the disconnecter. That is it for me and reloads. Pretty disappointed.

Yup I would never use some one else's loads. Too much at risk to trust that the proper steps have been taken. Loading my own is a different story, but sometimes buying factory ammo is too easy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup I would never use some one else's loads. Too much at risk to trust that the proper steps have been taken. Loading my own is a different story, but sometimes buying factory ammo is too easy.

This is me from now on. I have to go through all of the loads and look at the lips.

Man that came out wrong.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

A case gauge is a reloader's best friend. I had case bulge issues with my .45 reloads and had reliability issues until I got the case gauge. That lets me see if stuff is in spec pretty quickly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom