churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sup people.
    I am anxious to get my 3 1911's back from AllenM. Lots of cool machine work being done and very cool color combos.
    Even more work on Rilley III.

As I put them together I will be polishing everything in the Ignition controls...again. But better this time.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Should I worry about the longevity of that plastic guide rod on the P10C? Some of the research I've done has nothing conclusive, mostly people swapping to a steel rod simply because the stock one is plastic.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Should I worry about the longevity of that plastic guide rod on the P10C? Some of the research I've done has nothing conclusive, mostly people swapping to a steel rod simply because the stock one is plastic.
    First, congrats on the P10C! Those are one of my favorite carry guns.

I don't think that you need to worry about that. I had a plastic guide rod in my compact and after 4000 rounds, it was none the worse for wear. I replaced it with a steel guide rod, then recently a DPM recoil system. Neither case was because it needed it, but the steel guide rod was because I like steel guide rods and the DPM system because it was free. My P07s use a captured plastic guide rod and get run a bunch with no issues. If installed correctly, a guide rod should take almost no load.

I am only allowed 6 oz. of coffee a day. Argh!

I'd have a tough time with that. I drink more than that from a Keurig while waiting for my full pot of coffee to brew.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I don't think that you need to worry about that. I had a plastic guide rod in my compact and after 4000 rounds, it was none the worse for wear. I replaced it with a steel guide rod, then recently a DPM recoil system. Neither case was because it needed it, but the steel guide rod was because I like steel guide rods and the DPM system because it was free. My P07s use a captured plastic guide rod and get run a bunch with no issues. If installed correctly, a guide rod should take almost no load.

I'd have a tough time with that. I drink more than that from a Keurig while waiting for my full pot of coffee to brew.

I am a 2 or 3 cup in the morning kind of guy.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Thank you! I just wanted to be sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom