Not open for further replies.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Welcome back home to America Tweak.

Thanks KJQ. I didn't see a single gun shop during our limited driving. Weird! I talked to one guy who grew up in Canada but now lives in Arizona. He didn't understand America's love for guns but was considering getting one "because he could". Discussed a few options with him and of course CZ came up. Hopefully we have another convert.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks KJQ. I didn't see a single gun shop during our limited driving. Weird! I talked to one guy who grew up in Canada but now lives in Arizona. He didn't understand America's love for guns but was considering getting one "because he could". Discussed a few options with him and of course CZ came up. Hopefully we have another convert.

CommieFornia. The name fits.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....more proof that I am old school...:oldwise:

If I can not see the hammer to actually know what condition the gun is in I do not want anything to do with that gun.
    Totally anti-striker fired. Totally. :fogey:

Guess I should not offer an opinion on this subject...:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Nothing wrong with liking what you like CM. There is a lot of value in being able to put a thumb on the hammer while reholstering a pistol. If anything is caught, you know when you feel the hammer move, not when you launch a bullet. When holstering a striker fired pistol, I've taken to putting my trigger finger between the frame and back of the trigger to feel for movement. That works for all except the last quarter inch of holstering.

It's funny how preferences can color the experience sometimes. When shooting the Canik next to the P10 yesterday, I came away liking the P10 more. Both are top notch for striker fired pistols, but the P10 seemed to fit me better. The Canik has the edge on the trigger and both are accurate but I struggled with the sights on the Canik. I did end up taking a file to the top of the back strap texture on the P10 last night though. It's not the most comfortable texture I've felt, but it sure does plant the gun in your hand. I had my .40 P07 at the range yesterday and that one has the smooth rubber Talon grip tapes applied. They feel really good in the hand, but during a string of 10 rounds, I found that I had to adjust my grip a bit part way through. I was doing 15 round strings with the P10 and the gun stayed planted.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, agree with 88. Nothing wrong with liking what you like. One interesting feature of the Canik is an indicator on the back of the slide that lets you know when the slide has been racked and the trigger is therefore able to fire. It doesn't indicate anything else, but it's a nice way to easily tell the gun is ready to shoot. This gun is the only gun I own that doesn't have either a safety or a decocker. I don't really intend to carry it, just use it as a range gun. For someone who has no issue with striker fired poly guns, it represents a great value and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Personally, I'll stick with my hammer fired guns with external safeties for carry ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When Allen and I sat down with #2 as to putting the red dot on it there was some serious thought involved. To do this right and hold to the standards we agree on he will be machining the slide and making a saddle just like the one on my 2011 that holds the Trijicon. This will be most cool over all. It is adding expense to the build but as stated.....we have standards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom