The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I brought an SP01 Tactical home tonight. I left a PPK/S at the LGS in exchange (plus cash from me) and don't feel bad about letting the PPK/S go. It was bought as an anniversary gun when we hit our 25th. That was also right when our marriage went through a really rough patch and that gun has always reminded me of the worst of the days, so I'm not sorry to let it go. When I picked up Shiny from T-Dogg, it was to commemorate out 35th anniversary, which are in much happier times.

Apparently, I have no idea what PPK/S's are worth as when asked what I wanted, I said $400 in trade. He offered $450, saying that PPKs are increasing in value lately. That's why I like to do business at The Outdoorsman. Good people there.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the SP01 other than Cajunize it eventually and shoot it a bunch. It fills no need but I'm happy to bring it home anyway.

I know I've said this before, but right now, I think I'm done with buying guns. There is nothing I want right now. Nothing. I've toyed with getting a 97B, but I really prefer sending .45 downrange with a 1911. I don't want, nor need another CZ in .40 and I have more 9mm pistols than I want to have, so I'm done. If I buy another gun of any type (other than a P10C in .40) before the year is out, I'll go a solid month without shooting. I have not done that in 8 years. The P10C is a special case for me as it might let me reduce the G***k count by one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I might have to get some of that aircraft paint stripper that was in the link BA posted. I wonder if the metal would look any good after that or if it would really need to be blasted for the texture.

Use aluminum oxide medium and just blast it. Thats what I have in my cabinet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I brought an SP01 Tactical home tonight. I left a PPK/S at the LGS in exchange (plus cash from me) and don't feel bad about letting the PPK/S go. It was bought as an anniversary gun when we hit our 25th. That was also right when our marriage went through a really rough patch and that gun has always reminded me of the worst of the days, so I'm not sorry to let it go. When I picked up Shiny from T-Dogg, it was to commemorate out 35th anniversary, which are in much happier times.

Apparently, I have no idea what PPK/S's are worth as when asked what I wanted, I said $400 in trade. He offered $450, saying that PPKs are increasing in value lately. That's why I like to do business at The Outdoorsman. Good people there.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the SP01 other than Cajunize it eventually and shoot it a bunch. It fills no need but I'm happy to bring it home anyway.

I know I've said this before, but right now, I think I'm done with buying guns. There is nothing I want right now. Nothing. I've toyed with getting a 97B, but I really prefer sending .45 downrange with a 1911. I don't want, nor need another CZ in .40 and I have more 9mm pistols than I want to have, so I'm done. If I buy another gun of any type (other than a P10C in .40) before the year is out, I'll go a solid month without shooting. I have not done that in 8 years. The P10C is a special case for me as it might let me reduce the G***k count by one.

G****s hate me.

That is all.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just hopped over to czfirearms and had a question..how are BA and the wizard not mods for the CGW and gunsmithing forums? Besides schmecky, I can't imagine many people have a whole lot more experience in either area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom