The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Have to ask the vets here. Is it wrong to want to jump on surplus CZs that pop up on eg Aimsurplus? Hard to resist the pull...

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Have to ask the vets here. Is it wrong to want to jump on surplus CZs that pop up on eg Aimsurplus? Hard to resist the pull...

Nope. Some here say its one of the best values you can get, if you get it for a decent price. The finish may be rough on them, but to many of us that is a big part of the appeal. If you don't like the beat up finish, you can always cerakote. The big draw to a surplus CZ is it is usually pretty well shot in, and that does wonders for a CZ trigger.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yup, the surplus guns are some of the best deals out there if the price is right. By best deals, I don't so much mean price, but more in the whole package. There's something different about a well shot in CZ that a new CZ doesn't share. Years ago, I bought a compact 75B and shot the heck out of it. Right between the 2500 and 3000 round mark, the gun seemed to change. The whole thing just got a buttery smooth feel that they do not come with out of the box. I've bought 4 surplus guns over the years and each of those came with that feel. I've not been able to shoot any of the newer guns in enough to replicate it since that first compact. The polishing helps a whole lot, but there is something different about a well shot surplus gun that gives them the character of a nicely broken in flannel shirt.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been so wrapped up in my 64 project that guns have been on the back burner.
    I did put new shoes on my truck.

I need to budget for a set of tires on my truck within the next year or two. Never my favorite thing to spend money on, but the feel of a set of new tires does tend to make the whole vehicle seem newer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Nope. Some here say its one of the best values you can get, if you get it for a decent price. The finish may be rough on them, but to many of us that is a big part of the appeal. If you don't like the beat up finish, you can always cerakote. The big draw to a surplus CZ is it is usually pretty well shot in, and that does wonders for a CZ trigger.

Yup, the surplus guns are some of the best deals out there if the price is right. By best deals, I don't so much mean price, but more in the whole package. There's something different about a well shot in CZ that a new CZ doesn't share. Years ago, I bought a compact 75B and shot the heck out of it. Right between the 2500 and 3000 round mark, the gun seemed to change. The whole thing just got a buttery smooth feel that they do not come with out of the box. I've bought 4 surplus guns over the years and each of those came with that feel. I've not been able to shoot any of the newer guns in enough to replicate it since that first compact. The polishing helps a whole lot, but there is something different about a well shot surplus gun that gives them the character of a nicely broken in flannel shirt.

The only real questions are whether to go after an "A" model pre-B or not and what is a good price. The first one is purely subjective. Some people like the earlier models and some, like me, prefer the transitionals. As to price, you really just have to keep an eye on what they're going for on GB. Sometime the Aim Surplus prices seem a bit high and other times they are pretty much in line with what they're going for.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    All of the surplus guns are junk. Not worth anywhere near their asking prices. Avoid at all costs. Go buy a G**** instead.

Obviously. I was saying they are a good value comparred to the new CZ junk they are putting out. As you said, they are all Eurotrash wether they are new, used or surplus.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Fortunately, I have been on a vacation from gun buying. Unfortunately, that vacation apparently ended yesterday and did not resume today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom