Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I sold my bobbed commander sized 1911 last year. I thought I liked the bobbed frame at first but then not so much later. Still miss the gun though. Right now, there are 2 CCO sized guns and it's become one of my favorite sized guns for carry.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I sold my bobbed commander sized 1911 last year. I thought I liked the bobbed frame at first but then not so much later. Still miss the gun though. Right now, there are 2 CCO sized guns and it's become one of my favorite sized guns for carry.

The CCO is the best size for carry 1911's IMO. I'd be carrying mine daily, if it weren't for the fact I choose to carry my Legion instead. As much as I love my CCO, I wish I'd been able to sell it to fund other projects... :):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've not had the chance to shoot a bobbed framed 1911 yet! I did have an officer sized piece several years ago but it turned out to be less than stellar on function so I wrote that size off. I don't mind carrying the full size IWB but a commander is def next on my list.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    How does it compare to our 97's.....or do we need a back to back. Just curious.

To see, feel the difference would require a back to back test. If I were to describe it I would have to say that the sao trigger is the best I have felt and compares with tuned 1911's. This is partially achieved by having the firing pin block removed and tweaking the trigger return spring. The take up is about .060 and the trigger breaks crisp and clean and as smooth as black ice!. The reset is also about .060. With the weight of the 97 and the low bore access recoil is not what you expect from a 45acp. I picked out an LPA rear adjustable rear sight that matches up with the stock fiber optic front sight. I like a sight picture that does not have a lot of clearance to the sides of the front sight. Along with the hand fit match grade barrel bushing and polishing of all the internals and lighter springs it makes a phenomenal package for the 45acp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom