Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So I finally spilled the beans to the wife about the 8.5" AR pistol that I built. This came about after the other night she says to me completely out of the blue that she wants her 10.5" AR pistol to be lighter. So I then show her the 8.5" pistol from the safe, she says "wow, that's really light". I told her I would compare the weight to hers and we could go from there. I checked last night and both are within an ounce or two of each other. Not sure what to do with that but found it funny.

Yeah, I understand. I went and picked up my sub2k last night and brought it home and showed the wife. Her first question was, "now that you have a new gun, can I buy the Sig P320c that I want"? :):

Great, now I can go broke twice as quickly... :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I finally spilled the beans to the wife about the 8.5" AR pistol that I built. This came about after the other night she says to me completely out of the blue that she wants her 10.5" AR pistol to be lighter. So I then show her the 8.5" pistol from the safe, she says "wow, that's really light". I told her I would compare the weight to hers and we could go from there. I checked last night and both are within an ounce or two of each other. Not sure what to do with that but found it funny.

It is all subconscious. I put a dummy T-stat on the wall in the house next door when we lived there. The spouse thought she was in control. Just that thought made it so.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It is all subconscious. I installed a [STRIKE]put a dummy[/STRIKE] T-stat on the wall in the house next door when we lived there and forgot to wire it up. The spouse thought she was in control. Just that thought made it so.
    FIFY. We know the real truth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    FIFY. We know the real truth.

It was not wired up. The real stat was in the furnace and had a hidden sensor by the return air. She could twist the snot out of the dummy and it did nothing but satisfy some subconscious desire to be in control of the temp.
    I did this in office spaces that had multiple female temp jockeys. The complaints stopped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom