Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope. Just did a small price decrease on it. Will likely let it go a day or three and if it doesn't sell, it'll go back in the safe. I could have used the money to pay off some debt that came my way, but since the new job had a sign on bonus, it's no longer a priority. Even with the damaged finish, I'm not going to take too much of a loss on it. :dunno:

Been watching it.
    The market is soft. Very soft.
    I will lay odds it will go back in the safe.
    I am thinking the days of "Not loosing" much are gone at least for a while. With Trump comes relaxed buying.
    I had some interest in a few of mine and I priced them out really fair.
    They are still here.

When Tax money hits the bank it might loosen up some.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Been watching it.
    The market is soft. Very soft.
    I will lay odds it will go back in the safe.
    I am thinking the days of "Not loosing" much are gone at least for a while. With Trump comes relaxed buying.
    I had some interest in a few of mine and I priced them out really fair.
    They are still here.

When Tax money hits the bank it might loosen up some.

Yeah, I hear ya. The gun is way too nice to sell it at a huge loss. I'm happy to keep it, for now, or possibly sell it at a good price to my stepson. He shot it at the range the other day and really liked it. I'd sell it to him for $1k if he wanted it, but I know it would stay in the family and if he wanted to sell it I'd buy it back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I hear ya. The gun is way too nice to sell it at a huge loss. I'm happy to keep it, for now, or possibly sell it at a good price to my stepson. He shot it at the range the other day and really liked it. I'd sell it to him for $1k if he wanted it, but I know it would stay in the family and if he wanted to sell it I'd buy it back.

When we dabble in the north of 1K pieces they tend to be harder to let go.
    I am well north of 1K in every 1911 I own. Hard to sell them as people do not see what it takes to get them to run so well at that level.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When we dabble in the north of 1K pieces they tend to be harder to let go.
    I am well north of 1K in every 1911 I own. Hard to sell them as people do not see what it takes to get them to run so well at that level.

I figured as much. I expected it to go several weeks and figured I'd drop to $1150, but the more I think about it, the more I think it can stay in the collection and the heck with anyone who doesn't want it... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I figured as much. I expected it to go several weeks and figured I'd drop to $1150, but the more I think about it, the more I think it can stay in the collection and the heck with anyone who doesn't want it... :):

Thing is, and sadly, I have seen these for 1K and a bit south.
    Relaxed times my friend.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    People are all about cheap. "Why should I spend over a grand for a gun, when this G**** shoots just as good?" They have no idea.... I am ok with losing some, I see it as "the cost of doin business". This is a hobby for me, therefore it's gonna cost me money to enjoy. When I lose money on a gun, I count that as my rental fee for the time I had my hands on it. I want to have fun, get the majority of my money back and give the next person a great deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People are all about cheap. "Why should I spend over a grand for a gun, when this G**** shoots just as good?" They have no idea.... I am ok with losing some, I see it as "the cost of doin business". This is a hobby for me, therefore it's gonna cost me money to enjoy. When I lose money on a gun, I count that as my rental fee for the time I had my hands on it. I want to have fun, get the majority of my money back and give the next person a great deal.

That is how I have come to see this.
    Having been deeply into the Hot-Rod scene I have learned to take a good hit when I move something to clear the way for something new.
    Talk about loosing money..........Ha, these gun guys have no idea.
    You know what it costs to build one of these cars we spoke of yesterday. I do the lions share of my own work so labor is my time. Value in this is hard to measure.
    Just the investment in parts and paint took me north of 50K. Then another bit here and there as I played with tune.
    That car sold at Mechums for 26K. The market had crashed and value was south of expectations. Spouse had lost her 6 figure a year job and we were in need of the funds......or it would still be with me.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh yes. Gun guys complain about expensive... I can't even get away with building an engine I want without it costing about 5 DW Valors.... I could easily have north of $50k in my car if I could build it the way I wanted, no way even on a good day it would be worth more than $20k.... The gun hobby is cheap!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    FWIW, I have been looking with horror at all the guns the Czickos have been putting on the classifieds. The deals are amazing. For me it's an issue of available funds, not bad product or high prices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh yes. Gun guys complain about expensive... I can't even get away with building an engine I want without it costing about 5 DW Valors.... I could easily have north of $50k in my car if I could build it the way I wanted, no way even on a good day it would be worth more than $20k.... The gun hobby is cheap!

By comparison. It is.
    This is not directed at anyone in this thread but I am always amazed when people say they refuse to loose any money on a firearm. I hear this all the time and I just smile. Used car/used gun....same thing. If you want to sell it, you will price it that way. If not then you really want to keep it.
    The market will set the price. I am seeing things slide south right now after a solid 8 year run. Look at loosing at least 25% on a used piece.
    Makes me a bit sad but hey, the market will dictate and it has been a good run. Sellers mkt.

Looking at my safe I see a lot of nice pieces that are going to be with me a while.....:)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Selling a Ruger AR today and gaining a cajunized Rami, and also getting some range time in, gonna be a good day for sure.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Cajunized rami sounds lovely. I'm pretty happy at this point. Don't really have much I'd want to sell. Do I have a few I could dump some cash into and have fun with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom