Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, guns don't stay in anyone's hands long in this group. I really wish I could bring myself to part with guns like you guys do. I honestly mean that. I've actually toyed with selling my Remington Rand recently, but don't know if I could actually let it go. On the other hand, there are some things I'd like to add to the family, yet am struggling with a hobby account bouncing around empty right now. I really wish I could let things go as easy as all of you do. Ok, take my G30sf for instance. I bought that in March and was in love for a month. 10+1 rounds of easy to shoot .45 is hard to find fault in, yet it has gotten little carry and has been rarely shot since April when the CZ bug bit hard. I know that if that gun left my collection, I'd not miss it, yet it's a tough one to let go of for me. Heck, I've even forgotten that I own it and have been surprised when I pull the bag out of the safe while thinking 'what the heck is this...'. Yet a part of me still thinks that I'll regret it if I sell it.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wow, guns don't stay in anyone's hands long in this group. I really wish I could bring myself to part with guns like you guys do. I honestly mean that. I've actually toyed with selling my Remington Rand recently, but don't know if I could actually let it go. On the other hand, there are some things I'd like to add to the family, yet am struggling with a hobby account bouncing around empty right now. I really wish I could let things go as easy as all of you do. Ok, take my G30sf for instance. I bought that in March and was in love for a month. 10+1 rounds of easy to shoot .45 is hard to find fault in, yet it has gotten little carry and has been rarely shot since April when the CZ bug bit hard. I know that if that gun left my collection, I'd not miss it, yet it's a tough one to let go of for me. Heck, I've even forgotten that I own it and have been surprised when I pull the bag out of the safe while thinking 'what the heck is this...'. Yet a part of me still thinks that I'll regret it if I sell it.

Thing is with a G***k, it usually isn't too hard to get another one if you decide you made a mistake.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thing is with a G***k, it usually isn't too hard to get another one if you decide you made a mistake.

Yup, that's sure true I used that logic to sell a couple of G19s a couple of years ago. I'm having trouble bringing that logic to bear right now though. Over the last year, I've made good progress in getting rid of stuff I've stored away for years, thinking it might someday be useful. I need to try to declutter my collection like I've been doing with closets full of junk.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I keep the firearms pretty well decluttered, I need to do it in the house. I have stuff that has been in a box for 10 years and hasn't been out once. Chances are, I'll never need the stuff again but I can always think of some remote situation that I would need it and I never get rid of it. I could get rid of half of my stuff and honestly not miss it, just have to get into that mindset.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I got my G30 all setup the way I wanted, it shoots well and carries well. I carried it for awhile, eventually missed carrying my P-01 too much. Once I got a good holster for the P-01, I put the Glock in the safe and have no desire to carry it again. Rusty and I had a long discussion about this. I just can't get the same enjoyment out of a plastic gun versus an all metal one, just can't.

This is so true.

No sleep tonight apparently.
    Evidently me neither.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I grew up with the mindset that things made of plastic were cheap. If I had things around that were plastic, they were more susceptible to breaking than metal. This carried over into automotive when I started selling car parts for a living, then working on cars for a living, and now the same with class 8 Semis. Plastic components just do not inspire confidence. They might work "okay", but they do not give that same feeling of what a piece of quality metal can offer.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    1 is to many and 6 are not enough.

They're going to be my focus for awhile now, my first pistol experience and owned was a 1911. Lot of family in WW2/etc but one of my uncles had his Colt 1911 from his service. He also had an M1 Garand among other quality firearms. He used to take me shooting once a month at Camp Atterbury when I was a kid and of course when I got my first pistol it was a 1911. I've somehow strayed away from it for awhile now but it's time to get back into the drivers seat. :) I've already got the grips for this Colt, a set of nice double diamonds with the USMC emblem in the center in tribute to my FIL. He qualified expert with his in vietnam and always enjoyed shooting mine over the years. With his passing two years ago I have tried to gather what he carried in country. Makes me smile anyways. :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I agreed to buy the P07 from DOGG after he owned it for a couple hours, I knew what I was setting myself up for. I told myself that I might carry it. That's just not gonna happen, I can't get away from my RAMI. If I'm not gonna carry it and it's just gonna sit by the bed at night, I'd rather just have a gun that I get excited about when I pick it up. As great as the P07 is, I just don't get excited about plastic.

So if no one in here is interested in the gun or the Kadet kit for it, I'll probably list it sometime this weekend.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    88, I know you and I have talked about that Remington of yours before when you were talking about selling it. I would still be interested. I don't know that I could afford it right now, but I could certainly move some stuff to try and make it happen if you decided to part ways with it in the future. It may be easier for you if it stayed in the family. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :coffee:

I got my G30 all setup the way I wanted, it shoots well and carries well. I carried it for awhile, eventually missed carrying my P-01 too much. Once I got a good holster for the P-01, I put the Glock in the safe and have no desire to carry it again. Rusty and I had a long discussion about this. I just can't get the same enjoyment out of a plastic gun versus an all metal one, just can't.

Same here. I like my heavy metal... :rockwoot:

Mornin folks. Internal alarm clock has been telling me that 0500 is the time to get up for the past couple weeks... Can't shake it.

I've been doing the same. Right around 5am the last few days. That's fine on work days, but I would have loved to have slept in since it's the weekend.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Nope. Just did a small price decrease on it. Will likely let it go a day or three and if it doesn't sell, it'll go back in the safe. I could have used the money to pay off some debt that came my way, but since the new job had a sign on bonus, it's no longer a priority. Even with the damaged finish, I'm not going to take too much of a loss on it. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom