• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finding a new carry gun is a huge pain. I didn't know if you were like me and seem to change your carry gun out pretty frequently. For whatever reason I just get bored with them. I don't know how long you have carried the RAMI, but it is probably longer than anything has lasted for me. That said, I have only tried striker guns for CC, you might have found the perfect one.
    I have only ever carried two different guns in the almost four years I've been carrying. First was a g27 for a couple years, since then it's been the RAMI. No signs of changing that anytime soon.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Since I carry in a shoulder holster all winter I can carry about anything. In the summer it will either be the Green machine, TnT or the Rami.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finding a new carry gun is a huge pain. I didn't know if you were like me and seem to change your carry gun out pretty frequently. For whatever reason I just get bored with them. I don't know how long you have carried the RAMI, but it is probably longer than anything has lasted for me. That said, I have only tried striker guns for CC, you might have found the perfect one.
    My main carry gun since last summer has been the P-01. I figured out that it's a perfect middle ground for me. It's within a few ounces of weight to the Rami, is able to conceal very well with the flush fit 14rd mag, has TFX pro sights, and has the option to use a 16rd mag with an SP-01 mag base to simulate carrying a full-size gun's capacity if I so desire.

I've realized since acquiring TFX pro sights, that good sights make all the difference, and the factory 3-dot CZ's or the Mepros aren't worth a damn in comparison. I guess I've become somewhat of a sight snob. It factors in more than it ever used to. One of my issues with Rami and some of the other CZ's that have model specific sights, no GOOD sight options.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My main carry gun since last summer has been the P-01. I figured out that it's a perfect middle ground for me. It's within a few ounces of weight to the Rami, is able to conceal very well with the flush fit 14rd mag, has TFX pro sights, and has the option to use a 16rd mag with an SP-01 mag base to simulate carrying a full-size gun's capacity if I so desire.

I've realized since acquiring TFX pro sights, that good sights make all the difference, and the factory 3-dot CZ's or the Mepros aren't worth a damn in comparison. I guess I've become somewhat of a sight snob. It factors in more than it ever used to. One of my issues with Rami and some of the other CZ's that have model specific sights, no GOOD sight options.

Yeah, that's the only thing holding the Rami and the 97 back.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville

I have heard nothing but good things about them. The next sight purchase I make will be the TFX pros. IMO, a set of sights that you really like is more important than an out of this world trigger. If you can only upgrade one, get the sights and dry fire the CZ and the trigger will get a little better on its own. If you can upgrade both the sights and trigger, you've got a real winner on your hands.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    OR could somebody like AllenM mill out the standard sight groove in a RAMI? I don't know what the RAMI groove looks like so I have no way to compare with my P-01.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The RAMI just works perfect for me. I'd like to carry a bigger gun, but it just doesn't work. I've tried it and keep falling back on the RAMI. I will most likely have the slide milled to accept better sights, I feel it is worth it for a gun I will not be getting rid of.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Curious like Rusty kind of curious or......

NO!

Yeah, it is a nice gun but not in the same league as yours.

Yeah, that's a problem when you have a totally sweet version of a gun. No need for something else similar...

Yes-I-am-getting-the-SP-01.-Space-Bar-Stuck-AHHHHHHH

Awesome. If you weren't going to buy it I was gonna... :):

Agree with this completely. I've gotten to the point where I hate stock sights. TFX sights on my CZ's, Sig X-rays on my Sigs. Only guns I don't mind stock sights too much are my 1911's, but I'm thinking about trying fiber optic fronts for the Loaded.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    NO!

Yeah, that's a problem when you have a totally sweet version of a gun. No need for something else similar...

Awesome. If you weren't going to buy it I was gonna... :):

Agree with this completely. I've gotten to the point where I hate stock sights. TFX sights on my CZ's, Sig X-rays on my Sigs. Only guns I don't mind stock sights too much are my 1911's, but I'm thinking about trying fiber optic fronts for the Loaded.

You will love the front sight you mention. These have helped my eyes a lot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do, but at that price I couldn't help myself :n00b:

That's what I was thinking. I'm having trouble with my 1911's now due to the standard 3 dot sights on them.

I always ran what was on the gun. Put my time/money on the Hot-Rod aspect of the piece.
    Since meeting BA and the Wiz I have "Seen" the light so to speak. :koolaid:.......and I own several 9mm.
    If you read any of my posts on calibers 4 years ago you would take the bet this would not happen in this life time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning P-I, T-D and BA! :coffee:

Not many gun related plans in the works for today for me. Today is tax day for me and after that, I'm working on shelving in the reloading room in the basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom