88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I got a pack of mag springs in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to take the SP01c/40 out for a spin this morning. If the mag springs don't do the trick, I'm not sure what will be the next fix. It's polished, cleaned and lubed and the mags are cleaned with +10% springs in them. Wish me luck. I am experimenting with the ProMags this morning too. Those got the followers from the 10 round mags with the extra power springs. I'm hoping that they run well. If so, it would give me a flat bottom 12 rounder for the little guy.

My plans for the weekend are to finish building the work benches in my reloading room. I've gutted what was there and am rebuilding from scratch with a U shaped bench that will run 5' down one wall, 11' across the back wall and 9' down the window wall. Once the benches are in, I'm going to sand and polyurethane them. The back wall will get a slat board and a peg board for tools so I'll be able to move most of the tools out of the cubbys they are hiding in right now. The goal is a clean bench, lots of storage and lots of light. I can't wait until it's finished.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got back from one of the most frustrating range trips I can remember having. :xmad: I was expecting the new SP01C/40 to run like a champ with all of the cleaning, polishing and extra power springs in the mags, but it ran like crap. I should have stopped after the first mag having had 4 FTF and one FTE in 12 rounds. I put 85 rounds through it with only two mags running clean. Then I reloaded one of those and it had an FTF too. What was even more frustrating was that I took my SPO1C/9 along as well and had at least 1 stovepipe in every mag, some with three. The gun was dribbling the cases out on my wrists and hands. WTF! I was running Federal aluminum case 115g commercial ammo and I know that I've run that before with no issues. What ever is the case, my gun foo is off right now. I think I need to take a break and focus on getting my workshop put back together so I can eventually get into these to figure out what is happening in there. The SP01c/9 is what really has me stumped. I've run over 350 perfect rounds through that gun and now to have a range trip like this is really odd.

If I go quiet here on INGO for a bit, it's because I just need to step away from shooting for a couple of days and think about other stuff.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Have auditors coming Monday but can't finish getting everything ready until the boss gives me some final numbers. Probably won't happen until late this afternoon.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry to hear that, 88..... Nothing worse than being really excited for something, getting it and being disappointed at the prior owners lack of care, putting a bunch of work into it and nothing comes of it. I'm sure you will get this figured out. In the meantime, take some time to focus on other things. Come back at this with a fresh mind later on.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just got back from one of the most frustrating range trips I can remember having. :xmad: I was expecting the new SP01C/40 to run like a champ with all of the cleaning, polishing and extra power springs in the mags, but it ran like crap. I should have stopped after the first mag having had 4 FTF and one FTE in 12 rounds. I put 85 rounds through it with only two mags running clean. Then I reloaded one of those and it had an FTF too. What was even more frustrating was that I took my SPO1C/9 along as well and had at least 1 stovepipe in every mag, some with three. The gun was dribbling the cases out on my wrists and hands. WTF! I was running Federal aluminum case 115g commercial ammo and I know that I've run that before with no issues. What ever is the case, my gun foo is off right now. I think I need to take a break and focus on getting my workshop put back together so I can eventually get into these to figure out what is happening in there. The SP01c/9 is what really has me stumped. I've run over 350 perfect rounds through that gun and now to have a range trip like this is really odd.

If I go quiet here on INGO for a bit, it's because I just need to step away from shooting for a couple of days and think about other stuff.

Hang in there, brother. We all have days like that. This too shall pass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom