• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have had the same 124gr Gold Dots for a few years as that's what the local PD uses, it's time for an upgrade to some HST's. When I was using a .45 for defensive purposes, it was 230gr HST's. I like what I see from ballistic tests from the HST vs the Gold Dot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    UPS man is my favorite person today. Here is some proof that the Czech's are smarter than us... 50 rds in both boxes.... Wow.

View attachment 52864

Yep, S&B and GECO have the same size boxes and are a lot smaller than Blazer Brass, Federal and most other ammo manufacturers. I've shot GECO and S&B successfully in my CZ's, so you should be fine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did my annual birthday range trip this morning out at MCFG. Every year on my birthday, I take the day off with the goal of just spending the day at the range alone to shoot as much or as little as I want. It's the one time each year where I can take set the responsibility of being a father, husband, employee and son aside and just do what I want to do for 4 hours. So, today I took 10 pistols with me and managed to shoot 9 of them before becoming bored. I shot 3 .40s, 3 9mms and 3 .45s. I shot the .40s first and the good news is that the gremlins that haunted my P07 seem to have vanished with buying the new mags for it. The bad news is that they have taken residence in the new SP01C/40 I got earlier this week. It was the same issue there, with rounds nose diving into the front wall of the mag instead of hitting the ramp. I was running mostly with the new 12 round mags I bought for the 40P and those run fine there, but not in the new problem child. But, the whole gun has a gritty feel to it, so I'm going to take it completely down and do some serious polishing inside. The feed ramp is dull and could use a bit of love too. The third .40 was the 75B. That always runs well, but I did have one FTF with it. I'm starting to wonder if the issue is me and not the CZs in .40. In this age of gender neutrality, I'm beginning to wonder if my manly grip has switched teams on me. Maybe it's not as manly as I imagine it to be.

Next up, I shot the .45s. I had three along. Those were the CZ 1911A1, DW CCO and Remington R1S. I brought the Remy along because I always liked shooting that gun. It has a softer feel than the others and is configured slightly different with a long trigger instead of the normal short one I use. It's not a tack driver though, but is still fun to shoot. I put 95 rounds through the CZ 1911 and came away wondering why I bother owning other 1911s. That one is just perfect in about every way. I put a bunch through the CCO and was thinking a similar thought with that. Why do I bother carrying anything other than that one. It's easy to shoot accurately and is really carry friendly with the aluminum frame.

Then I jumped into the 9mms with the CZ SP01C, P07 and Colt 9mm 1911. The SP01C is becoming one of my favorite shooters. Shooting that and the P07 reminded me why I don't carry the CCO all of the time. A heavy 9mm makes a sweet shooter and those two make me look a lot better than I am. The SP01C has very little muzzle flip and the poly framed P07 deadens the recoil in the same way that the weight of the SP01C does. This was the third range trip with the Colt and it's been perfect through about 300 rounds now. I'm really coming to like that gun but it does need some love to make it what it has the potential to become. The only issue I had with any of the 9s was one light strike with the P07. That's the second light strike I've had with that gun in the last two range trips, so I may look at upping the main spring one level.

The .40s just don't seem to like me much and I really have to wonder why I have a fascination with them given the way they treat me at times. I'm sure the new one will get the kinks worked out in good time. When I got it, it had the patina of a gun that was not well cared for. It was dirty and the whole thing has a gritty feel to it. None of the ProMags that came with it worked perfectly, which is a shame since I was liking the fact that they had a flat bottom and 12 round capacity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom