Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Expended exactly 439 rounds shared between eight beautiful Cajun sweethearts. Second best way I can think of to spend a Saturday morning. ;)

Rapid fire is cool.

Not counted rounds shot yet.
    I do know the 2011 ate 120rds.
    The fusion ate 80 rds.
    The 97 ate just south of 100 rds.
    I have yet to get a count on what the 1911's ate. I blew through (4) 10 rounders playing rapid fire.....:)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Rapid fire is cool.

Not counted rounds shot yet.
    I do know the 2011 ate 120rds.
    The fusion ate 80 rds.
    The 97 ate just south of 100 rds.
    I have yet to get a count on what the 1911's ate. I blew through (4) 10 rounders playing rapid fire.....:)
    All I know is I had a lot of fun. Now to clean everybody up.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just pulled in from a long day on the road. Came home from a week at the beach in North Carolina. I didn't turn on my phone or computer, so no email, Facebook or even INGO. I didn't even turn on a TV all week. To say it was refreshing would be an understatement.

I did have other people telling me the news with Hillary and all the shootings, so I was not completely living under a rock. I sure picked a good week to not be plugged in.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Resting from 4 hours of rifle and pistol course work that was hosted by a LGS that I frequent. Got 2nd place next to a good friend of mine. The P01 was a steller performer. The TFX sights are just an amazing thing to run a course with. My rifle was the grey AR I posted a pic of the other day. It did great and I was one of only a few running irons only.

Ended the day ringing steel at 200yds using irons on my AK. Great day overall.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Resting from 4 hours of rifle and pistol course work that was hosted by a LGS that I frequent. Got 2nd place next to a good friend of mine. The P01 was a steller performer. The TFX sights are just an amazing thing to run a course with. My rifle was the grey AR I posted a pic of the other day. It did great and I was one of only a few running irons only.

Ended the day ringing steel at 200yds using irons on my AK. Great day overall.

Congrats. Sounds like a good day :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been helping my son move today and am beat. I got to shoot with WTB and MDave this morning and cannot imagine a better way to kick off a weekend morning. Tomorrow, I pick up BA's P09 from CM, so it will be a much more enjoyable day overall. If I finagle a way to shoot while I'm up near MCFG, it might just be a great day all around. Right now though, I'm just going to enjoy a bit of I.W. Harper bourbon and snooze on the couch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 1911's ate 250 rounds today so add the 300 the other 3 ate and I had an expensive day.
    A very enjoyable day but 550 rds.......................:faint:

Seriously, best day this week.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Taking the family to Chain O Lakes tomorrow.
    One of these days I need to spend some time cleaning guns. I just keep shooting them and they keep getting dirty. Go figure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I still have not done anything more than boresnake the last guns I've shot for about two weeks. Time to get busy cleaning.

While down in B-town today, I picked my 75B compact up and dropped the K2 off. The K2 will make a better nightstand gun than the Compact did. Mostly, I wanted to get my Compact back. It's always been my favorite CZ. It's also my most shot pistol and is approaching the 4k round mark. I need to exercise it a bit to try to hit the 5k mark before the end of the year.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    No worries. I am sure it will be in my hands to shoot at some point.

I have to admit it is one of the very best "Natural" point up shooters I have ever owned.
    Deadly accurate.

The 1911's ate 250 rounds today so add the 300 the other 3 ate and I had an expensive day.
    A very enjoyable day but 550 rds.......................:faint:

Seriously, best day this week.

Not too bad. That's only about $90...
    oh, wait, that's right... I reload... :p

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No preference on rail or steel vs alloy. Are there any benefits to an alloy frame other than the weight?
    Not that I'm aware of. Until recently I have always carried an all steel gun. I managed to find an old surplus compact with an alloy frame and safety that we have cleaned up, upgraded and put through its paces. It is a very nice shooter so I have carried that a bit lately. It is currently in for cerakote so I have again been carrying steel.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom