Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got some not-so-great pictures up. You can kind of make out the wear.

Both are Transitional models from 1994.

Mags are beat (on the outside), but worked well at the range.

Fired 50 rounds in each to test function mostly. Had 3 extraction failures in the model with the pink target. 2 extraction failures with the model with the blue target. -Exactly as yourself and others have said, extractor springs and a good cleaning, -maybe look at condition of extractor too.

Bores both look decent.

Trigger pulls felt slightly different. The rough worn one felt smoother and lighter. I like it.
    They both look good, congrats.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another paycheck that is spent even as it arrives. Trying to save up enough nickels to get a cerakote job done on the alloy compact. It is already stripped down and ready to go. Just have to be patient. Not my strong suit.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks to ChrisK for letting me know that the belt slide holster for the Phantom works well with the P01. I should have thought of that but it didn't even cross my mind. The P01 is a great shooter but was not in the carry rotation because, as P01 owners know, it can be difficult to find a decent carry holster for one. So, I have been carrying the P01 while the alloy compact is disassembled waiting to be cerakoted. Lately I have been appreciating the benefits of a lighter gun for carry. But, I traded away the PCR to get my old 75B back. So, with the alloy compact laid up I have been a bit short on the lightweight carry guns. Problem solved, thanks Chris.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm picking up Rusty's K2 on Sunday and can't wait to bring that one home. It will be perfect for lightweight summer CC. :): The K2 will replace the G21 for nightstand duty once I can find night sights for it. I can't see the sights worth squat when shooting, but night sights sure make it easy to know exactly where the gun is on the nightstand.

Since it's a new month, I decided to change things up a bit and carry the G21 today. I'm guessing that by noon, I'll be back to the P01 as the back ache sets in.

BTW, Happy July!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mornin fellas.

88, from what I read there are no sight options for the k2 in the states just yet. I've heard rumors of them overseas, but have not looked since I got it. May have to try the old glow in the dark fingernail polish?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mornin fellas.

88, from what I read there are no sight options for the k2 in the states just yet. I've heard rumors of them overseas, but have not looked since I got it. May have to try the old glow in the dark fingernail polish?

I'm guessing AllenM can cut a Novak dovetail in there if that's what it will take. Since getting to know Allen, I have a whole new awareness of how good a gun can get.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom