Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What a really nice evening it's turned out to be. I just went for a quick bike ride before heading off to bed and this has to be some of the nicest summer weather I can recall in a long time.

I'm starting to think that I need to do a career change. I just need to figure out what to change to. I know that I'm getting burned out on software engineering though. Next month marks my 20th year with the same company. I remember thinking back when I was a kid that if I stayed anywhere over 8 years, I was giving up. Funny how things work out.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    What a really nice evening it's turned out to be. I just went for a quick bike ride before heading off to bed and this has to be some of the nicest summer weather I can recall in a long time.

I'm starting to think that I need to do a career change. I just need to figure out what to change to. I know that I'm getting burned out on software engineering though. Next month marks my 20th year with the same company. I remember thinking back when I was a kid that if I stayed anywhere over 8 years, I was giving up. Funny how things work out.

I got in a bicycle ride tonight also.

Everybody needs to decide for themselves how long to stay with a company.
    I stayed 35 years.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm coming up on 6 years at the same place. Only job I've ever had. I am lucky, I still love it although I wish to be doing it in my own shop... Soon. Hopefully.

Rusty, you have it right, love what you do!

That's the way to do it. I think I'll start looking inside the company before looking too hard outside. There sure are benefits of working for a company for a while. I think I need a change though.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's the way to do it. I think I'll start looking inside the company before looking too hard outside. There sure are benefits of working for a company for a while. I think I need a change though.
    Whatever you do, avoid that retirement position. I've heard it's hard work, it seems to pay well though. :dunno:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty, you have it right, love what you do!
    That's my philosophy, if you aren't having fun, then why bother? I get to work on dirty old cars all day with a guy I could only dream of being as smart as... Sometimes it feels wrong getting paid to do what I do, especially when it comes time to road test cars.... It's hard work, but somebody's gotta do it. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Made a little trade and got an old friend back last evening. This one was always known as compact #2. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to get her back. The alloy compact has been stripped down for cerakoting. Had to order a new mainspring plug and some new grip screws. I hope to have those and take it down by the end of the week.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Wizard took a look at the P09 in .40. It's a good gun but the trigger wasn't quite as nice as the 9mm and I was curious about it. It has a 13# mainspring and still had the stock roller. So, I will change out the roller and be happy with it. It's a very good gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

If you're serious, you may want to look into Information Security. Since you've been in software engineering, you might like to look at Application Security, or something similar. Something to think about.

The re-acquisition of compact #2 brings it up to 14 fully Cajunized CZs. I should probably be content with that.

Ya think? :n00b:

:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

That's good advice Tom. Info security is a solid industry that's going nowhere but up in the future.

That short rail that BA linked to is beautiful, but for the asking price, you should get two of them. I'd really love to add something like that to the collection some day, but it would take a winning lotto ticket to make it happen. My only issue with the one linked was that it was almost too nice. I'd stress over carrying it and it would end up like my Ed Brown 1911. Too pretty to carry and possibly lose into an evidence locker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom